• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oz here I come!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru
    Oz is a second rate, provincial little country with the most boring suburbs in the world, the most uncouth and uncultured population, and relatively little in the form of stimulus. That's why most of the youngest, best and brightest of their population are here in London, while our second raters go over there. Fair exchange, I'd say.

HTH.
    You've been then !!

Comment

Originally posted by lORD lUCAN
      You've been then !!
      Yes. It wasn't the most boring holiday ever but it came close. I've seriously had more fun in Germany!
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by janey
        have to admit to totally freaking out when last there and someone talked to me in the lift! by the time we got to the floor we were going to they knew my life story (it was the tall viewing tower thingy in sydney)

surely talking to strangers is just not right? aren't there laws against that kind of thing?
        It happened to me in Oregan state. Waiting for a bus. Cyclist stops, and starts talking to me. I was thinking "Who the hell is this weirdo, is he a thief, nutter, pervert, Jeez help". It is very strange.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          And off Janey went Ozwards.
          And the rest is history as they say.

Still, she's probably 15st with seven kids by now.

Comment

Congratulations!!!
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Most people cannot implement a successful migration.

You have to fully integrate, which means you have to give up part of yourself.

It benefits your children perhaps, but you lose.

It's for the aspirational working class.

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
                Most people cannot implement a successful migration.

You have to fully integrate, which means you have to give up part of yourself.

It benefits your children perhaps, but you lose.

It's for the aspirational working class.
                Ironically, I've never had a problem integrating when I've worked in Spain and Italy but I think I would if I went to Australia.

That may be unfair, though, as I'm sure it's not really full of the boorish types I met whilst travelling around the States 25 years ago.

Comment

Australia seems like one giant rough council estate with searing heat and sunshine to me...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Australia seems like one giant rough council estate with searing heat and sunshine to me...
                    and with countless venomous critters.....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      Au contraire DP. There is a class system in Australia but it's based on money - exactly how it should be. Meritocratic.

Comment

Working...
                      X