• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oz here I come!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    and with countless venomous critters.....
    Biggest killer in Australia isn't a spider, a snake or a shark. It's horses.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Even the horses are venomous?
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

You still wouldn't get me swimming in the sea there.

In Queensland, they have the deadly box jellyfish which, apparently, has the most agonisingly painful venom of all.

I must tell you something of the pain.

The pain attacks your body at a speed that is so fast it cannot be measured. Already your lungs are paralyzed and your stomach is turned upside down. Simultaneously your tongue is trapped and quickly dries out, while your jaw slams shut and your eyes squeeze tight. Your ears go deaf. Your muscles tense in an attempt to combat the pain; then they release succumbing to its awesome power.
        Feck that....

Comment

I must tell you something of the pain.

The pain attacks your body at a speed that is so fast it cannot be measured. Already your lungs are paralyzed and your stomach is turned upside down. Simultaneously your tongue is trapped and quickly dries out, while your jaw slams shut and your eyes squeeze tight. Your ears go deaf. Your muscles tense in an attempt to combat the pain; then they release succumbing to its awesome power.
          Since I put Scooterscot on ignore this has stopped thankfully...

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
            Au contraire DP. There is a class system in Australia but it's based on money - exactly how it should be. Meritocratic.
            That's a plutocracy, not a meritocracy. The slightest examination of any human society will immediately show that the distribution of wealth is not correlated with merit, unless the latter is vacuously defined as "wealth"

Comment

Originally posted by janey View Post
              just received a positive result from my Australia skills assessment!

wahoo
              Are you gonna be flying over the middle east ? If you are good luck with that.

Also, what jobboard / what skill ?

Comment

Originally posted by europetractor View Post
                Are you gonna be flying over the middle east ? If you are good luck with that.

Also, what jobboard / what skill ?
                You might want to check the date of the original post...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
                  and with countless venomous critters.....
                  Which could be why we never heard from janey again

Comment

Yeah, don't mess with those crazy horses....

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
                      Au contraire DP. There is a class system in Australia but it's based on money - exactly how it should be. Meritocratic.
                      We have already established that Australia is a polechokocracy.

Comment

Working...
                      X