• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question to landlords... claiming on insurance due to tenants trashing the place

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post

FYI - my monthly rent is £1000 and I got 6 weeks deposit with 12 month contract.

... and still the place was not furnished!
    See below

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    He's probably got a sofa you could have

HTH
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Why does this remind me of you?
      No idea?

Comment

What I know you dumbo is which part of the market I'd prefer - when somebody rents weekly then all furniture should be nailed to the floor, what I also know is that no fooking way I'd spend my money on renting house I own to such people even if it promises some profit
        Wrong again: Property to rent in Greenwich - Houses & Flats to rent in Greenwich. Weekly rent does not mean bottom-end.

Originally posted by Diver View Post
        For proper security you need Decent vetted tenants, Min £1000 deposit and 2 months in advance on the rent. get friendly with the nosy neighbour (there's always 1) give them your mobile number and drop them £20 a month to keep a close eye on the tenants.
        Yes this is what middle-class tenants have to do in many cases, but in deprived DSS areas it's not possible. Rent is coming from benefits so tenants don't have money for 2-3 months upfront/deposit... they have only the money they get each month. For them, even a couple of £hundred is quite hard to find... I don't know how they get the deposit given they invariably lose it when they move and leave the place a mess
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I hear our very own sasguru turned down 20 grand rent for 3 weeks of his house during Olympics - now that's the top end of the weekly renting market!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Wrong again: Property to rent in Greenwich - Houses & Flats to rent in Greenwich. Weekly rent does not mean bottom-end.

Yes this is what middle-class tenants have to do in many cases, but in deprived DSS areas it's not possible. Rent is coming from benefits so tenants don't have money for 2-3 months upfront/deposit... they have only the money they get each month. For them, even a couple of £hundred is quite hard to find... I don't know how they get the deposit given they invariably lose it when they move and leave the place a mess
            By selling your washing machine, fridge & cooker.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

True
              Good job they were real old... it's only the oven that's a pain as the others were only left in since we didn't want them.

Comment

Instruct your lawyer to sue them for all they've got.

HTH

Comment

They don't got anything that's why they're on benefits. Also we'd have to find them first.

Comment

They don't got anything that's why they're on benefits. Also we'd have to find them first.
                    Sue in small claims court, if they don't turn up then they'll lose by default - at least with CCJ they won't easily pass credit check if they ever decide to rent somewhere upmarket ...

P.S. Get deposit to at least a month or even 6 weeks.

Comment

Instruct your lawyer to sue them for all they've got.

HTH
                      Well in that case sue the local authority. It's all free money anyway.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X