• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The only good kraut is a dead kraut.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only good kraut is a dead kraut.

"The only good Kraut is a dead Kraut", Sir Patrick Moore says - Telegraph

Sir Patrick Moore - racist or harmless old buffoon entitled to his opinion after what he faced in the war?

Idiot - at the very least he should have made it clear at what age a German becomes "Kraut that should" die and whether he'd be prepared to kill German children himself or he'd prefer to order somebody else to do it.

WW2 was terrible on everybody and Germans paid much higher price than England.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Idiot - at the very least he should have made it clear at what age a German becomes "Kraut that should" die and whether he'd be prepared to kill German children himself or he'd prefer to order somebody else to do it.

WW2 was terrible on everybody and Germans paid much higher price than England.
      Don't be so sour.

What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Saying a German general once told him “You won two wars. You won’t win the third.” Sir Patrick admitted he hoped the prediction, which referred to an 'economic war' would be proved wrong.

Well that is nonsense. China is going to eat us both up.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          China is going to eat us both up.
          Somebody should ask him about his view on opium wars then

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Somebody should ask him about his view on opium wars then
            He loved it. He was rooting for Sir Killalot.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I've got a lot of time for the old eccentric. Not racist at all in my opinion.

I grew up in a town devastated by German bombers, they missed their industrial targets and hit residential areas killing a lot of people. Are all the pensioners who survived and still live there racists for hating the Germans for what they did?
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                I've got a lot of time for the old eccentric. Not racist at all in my opinion.

I grew up in a town devastated by German bombers, they missed their industrial targets and hit residential areas killing a lot of people. Are all the pensioners who survived and still live there racists for hating the Germans for what they did?
                They should hate the German regime at the time - which few Germans supported. Does not mean we have to go round killing all Germans now?

Anyway, my grandfather (who lost 2 brothers at Gallipoli) said we caused WW2 by the Versailles treaty.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                  Are all the pensioners who survived and still live there racists for hating the Germans for what they did?
                  No, it's got nothing to do with race but very old age and inability to accept that things changed big time over last 50 years.

You don't see this often in modern Germany (people can and do go to jail for it there) -

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    They should hate the German regime at the time - which few Germans supported. Does not mean we have to go round killing all Germans now?

Anyway, my grandfather (who lost 2 brothers at Gallipoli) said we caused WW2 by the Versailles treaty.
                    None of these people advocate going around killing German but the pain lingers on. We all lost somebody to German bombs.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X