• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here worked at JP Morgan?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    When I was there they had 3 policies - 2y, 3y and 10y. Is it 1y for everyone now?
    1yr for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      1yr for everyone.

JPM just keeps going downhill. It was already well underway when I joined in 2004. The CIO thing came as not surprise to me.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        1yr for everyone.
        Any exception? Or pretty much hard set rule all the way from the top?

Comment

Originally posted by panadol View Post
          Yep, as already highlighted.

Mate of mine (Oracle DBA) has been there 2.5 years. Thought the chop was finally coming last week when his latest renewal was up. Instead, they've just extended him until the end of the year.

Policy is one thing, but project delivery is quite an other.
          nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by panadol View Post
            Only one I know of

But not for much longer, they are really wanting to do this from a high level.

Comment

They´re not the only bank who want to be contractor free. Banking is a longterm dead duck anyway. Basically their business has turned to sh*t.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                They´re not the only bank who want to be contractor free. Banking is a longterm dead duck anyway. Basically their business has turned to sh*t.
                A very reliable indicator of the truth is simply to reverse whatever you say.

And that is why you are poor. Your analysis of events is poor due to a low IQ.

Banking has been profitable since the early Phoenicians and nothings changed.
                Last edited by sasguru; 4 April 2013, 15:03.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
                  I've been offered an interview there. Didn't one of the main posters on this site work there?
                  Any views on the place?
                  I can view their office from my current clientco office on 10 Upper Bank Street

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    Certainly they want to be but the problem with banks is that they pay terribly and aren't able to attract (and retain) decent talent (talking IT). Then there's the niche areas such as Risk management or Wealth where the usual PSL hasn't got any coverage so they can't even attract the proper contractors. Add in the likes of Hyphen trying to squeeze rates and it just gets worse.

Lots of opportunities in banks, more regulatory change than you can shake a stick at and even RBS are planning in spending billions on IT change over the next 5 years - far from a dead duck.
                    Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
                      I've been offered an interview there. Didn't one of the main posters on this site work there?
                      Any views on the place?
                      It's in London. you won't like it here.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X