• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax-Dodging Civil Servants Face Sack

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax-Dodging Civil Servants Face Sack

It looks like this whole issues is not going away and it going to start effecting local government and NHS contractors. Not sure how they are going to enforce this though

Whitehall Tax Loophole: Civil Servants Face Sack Over Tax Avoidance Unless They Pay Up In Full | Politics | Sky News

its not a bandwagon we should be pushing, or jumping on imho.

the law of unintended consequences is alive an kicking. let the IR do what the IR do,
    but a publicity barrage, with the crop of politicians we have these days is not welcome
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

oh dear...

I think what they will probably do is force all contractors through approved agencies or payroll umbrella co's.

I think in any case there's going to be wider crack down but we'll need to wait and see.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

>6 months @ £220 / day and they want assurances re NI and taxation. I do work for arms length bodies sometimes and have something lined up. Can put my rates up I guess.

m.guardian.co.uk

Comment

Why is there not a similar fuss made about ICT Bob and associated tax dodges.

Comment

I find it 'shocking' that Margaret Hodge is shocked - wasn't she a minister is the last Government?

Didn't she know what was going on in her own dept?

Tone

Comment

Working...
            X