Please explain it like I am a 3 yr old ! Please explain it like I am a 3 yr old !
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1

    Nervous Newbie

    ladyGaGa has no reputation


    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5

    Default Please explain it like I am a 3 yr old !

    Please don't quote in full it messes the thread up.
    Please don't post if you are not sure I'm already here in my head.
    Still here thanks
    I am living with my partner and new baby she is on 40 k and paye - it sounds horrid and is especially knowing what all this tax is getting wasted on.
    I am a contractor using my own ltd as normal.
    Please simply state if I can pay our childcarer from my ltd as it allows me to work.
    I have seen 2 figures reading around all the threads in this forum but I'm a bit simple and need it to be said in simple terms.
    The first figure is 55 per week. I have read and afaik this is an amount an employee can if they choose pay directly towards the childcarer.
    The second figure is 240 per month and is called childcarer vouchers but that is misleading as it afaik is a an amount one does not count as income to work out the paye tax.

    So please can we get some very clearly put advice in laymans terms. Our childcarer is 60 per day and is our biggest bill just more than mortgage. Would be nice to get some help to allow us both to keep working.
    Thanks for listening.

  2. #2

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Scoobos has more data than eek

    Scoobos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wherever I lay my hat
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    If its not wholly necessarily and exclusively for your LTD then no.

    My view is this has duality and is therefore not.

    If you are getting 40k PAYE and you are a contractor then I think you can afford 60 a day...

    To summarise - NO.

  3. #3

    My post count is Majestic

    MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

    MarillionFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    35,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladyGaGa View Post
    Please don't quote in full it messes the thread up.
    Please don't post if you are not sure I'm already here in my head.
    Still here thanks
    I am living with my partner and new baby she is on 40 k and paye - it sounds horrid and is especially knowing what all this tax is getting wasted on.
    I am a contractor using my own ltd as normal.
    Please simply state if I can pay our childcarer from my ltd as it allows me to work.
    I have seen 2 figures reading around all the threads in this forum but I'm a bit simple and need it to be said in simple terms.
    The first figure is 55 per week. I have read and afaik this is an amount an employee can if they choose pay directly towards the childcarer.
    The second figure is 240 per month and is called childcarer vouchers but that is misleading as it afaik is a an amount one does not count as income to work out the paye tax.

    So please can we get some very clearly put advice in laymans terms. Our childcarer is 60 per day and is our biggest bill just more than mortgage. Would be nice to get some help to allow us both to keep working.
    Thanks for listening.
    Please simply state if I can pay our childcarer from my ltd as it allows me to work. - No

    Your partner can apply for childcare vouchers. It's like a 'salary sacrafice' and there will be a 'tax benefit'.

    If you're doing base salary + divvy, then your base salary is low, therefore it is not worth it.

    When you're child reaches 3 (and a certain date) there is a discount that can be applied at nurseries(private probably not).

    I would suggest your partner speaks to her employer, that's where the benefit would be.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

  4. #4

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Scoobos has more data than eek

    Scoobos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wherever I lay my hat
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladyGaGa View Post
    I am living with my partner and new baby she is on 40 k and paye
    I tried to restrain myself, I really did.

    Why have a baby if when it's "new" you just want to offload it... Ever heard of seperation anxiety...

    I can excuse it when people are just scraping by 45k BETWEEN them, but if your getting 40k + your contracting then I'm pretty sure you can afford someone to stay at home, or at least pay for the upkeep of your own child.

    And people wonder why we have problems ....

    I'm off to go neck some valium.

  5. #5

    My post count is Majestic

    MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

    MarillionFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    35,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobos View Post
    I tried to restrain myself, I really did.

    Why have a baby if when it's "new" you just want to offload it... Ever heard of seperation anxiety...

    I can excuse it when people are just scraping by 45k BETWEEN them, but if your getting 40k + your contracting then I'm pretty sure you can afford someone to stay at home, or at least pay for the upkeep of your own child.

    And people wonder why we have problems ....

    I'm off to go neck some valium.
    Why would a 'he' register a 'lady' account? Just asking like
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

  6. #6

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Scoobos has more data than eek

    Scoobos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wherever I lay my hat
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    "I am living with my partner and new baby she is on 40 k and paye"

    I'm assuming the baby isnt earning 40k , so it must be a reference to his wife.

    They don't call me sherlock for nuthin - just 1 more paragraph and I could give you an address

  7. #7

    Lord of the Vectras

    VectraMan - scorchio!

    VectraMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    European Union (Yorkshire)
    Posts
    11,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladyGaGa View Post
    I am living with my partner and new baby she is on 40 k and paye
    40K sounds a very good wage for a baby. I suggest you and your partner both put your feet up and live off the kid.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

  8. #8

    More time posting than coding

    Sands of Time has no reputation

    Sands of Time's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Howling at the Moon
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Why would a 'he' register a 'lady' account? Just asking like

    Perhaps they're both ladies?



    Tone

  9. #9

    My post count is Majestic

    d000hg - scorchio!

    d000hg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    32,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladyGaGa View Post
    Please don't quote in full it messes the thread up.
    Please don't post if you are not sure I'm already here in my head.
    Still here thanks
    I am living with my partner and new baby she is on 40 k and paye - it sounds horrid and is especially knowing what all this tax is getting wasted on.
    I am a contractor using my own ltd as normal.
    Please simply state if I can pay our childcarer from my ltd as it allows me to work.
    I have seen 2 figures reading around all the threads in this forum but I'm a bit simple and need it to be said in simple terms.
    The first figure is 55 per week. I have read and afaik this is an amount an employee can if they choose pay directly towards the childcarer.
    The second figure is 240 per month and is called childcarer vouchers but that is misleading as it afaik is a an amount one does not count as income to work out the paye tax.

    So please can we get some very clearly put advice in laymans terms. Our childcarer is 60 per day and is our biggest bill just more than mortgage. Would be nice to get some help to allow us both to keep working.
    Thanks for listening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobos View Post
    If its not wholly necessarily and exclusively for your LTD then no.

    My view is this has duality and is therefore not.

    If you are getting 40k PAYE and you are a contractor then I think you can afford 60 a day...

    To summarise - NO.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Please simply state if I can pay our childcarer from my ltd as it allows me to work. - No

    Your partner can apply for childcare vouchers. It's like a 'salary sacrafice' and there will be a 'tax benefit'.

    If you're doing base salary + divvy, then your base salary is low, therefore it is not worth it.

    When you're child reaches 3 (and a certain date) there is a discount that can be applied at nurseries(private probably not).

    I would suggest your partner speaks to her employer, that's where the benefit would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobos View Post
    I tried to restrain myself, I really did.

    Why have a baby if when it's "new" you just want to offload it... Ever heard of seperation anxiety...

    I can excuse it when people are just scraping by 45k BETWEEN them, but if your getting 40k + your contracting then I'm pretty sure you can afford someone to stay at home, or at least pay for the upkeep of your own child.

    And people wonder why we have problems ....

    I'm off to go neck some valium.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Why would a 'he' register a 'lady' account? Just asking like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobos View Post
    "I am living with my partner and new baby she is on 40 k and paye"

    I'm assuming the baby isnt earning 40k , so it must be a reference to his wife.

    They don't call me sherlock for nuthin - just 1 more paragraph and I could give you an address
    Quote Originally Posted by VectraMan View Post
    40K sounds a very good wage for a baby. I suggest you and your partner both put your feet up and live off the kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sands of Time View Post
    Perhaps they're both ladies?



    Tone
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

  10. #10

    My post count is Majestic

    MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

    MarillionFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    35,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    You've got your penis stuck in the hoover again haven't you?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •