• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Want to see near perfection

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to see near perfection

...according to the MoD

BBC News - HMS Ocean squeezes through Thames Barrier

Does Comic Ali work as an MoD as spokesman now?

Loads of room: you could get a bus thru that gap
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

They very nearly punted that into the side.

You can see the tug at the stern smoking to try and get it back on.

Comment

Having said that I have been in the unfortunate position of having to take a few big boats through the Crinan Canal and it truly is a horrible task.
        Last edited by minestrone; 5 May 2012, 08:48.

Comment

not bad considering it was pushing two little boats and towing another. The captain should have no problem getting a job on an Italian cruise ship when his service is up

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

He was overtaking a cyclist on the left side - apart from that it would have been fine.

Comment

I just hope those SAMs are more accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                I just hope those SAMs are more accurate.
                The Rapier didn't exactly cover itself in glory during the Falklands War.

Poor range, no proximity fuse and problems with it's IFF system.

Comment

Presumably the tug boat at the back bellowing black smoke is rigidly connected to the ramming vessel?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    Presumably the tug boat at the back bellowing black smoke is rigidly connected to the ramming vessel?
                    I am sure the rope was pretty ridgid when the skipper was screaming "PORT, PORT, PORT"

Comment

Working...
                    X