• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What classic car?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What classic car?

Not being impulsive, honest.

I've kind got the bug since dicking about on that Moggy. So, mini, moggy, bug?

5K budget.

Suggestions?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Go for it - With a 5k budget it won't even look like a mid-life crisis.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      Go for it - With a 5k budget it won't even look like a mid-life crisis.
      Zactly!

5K buys more than you'd think, especially if you don't mind doing a bit of tinkering.

Comment

I've kind got the bug since dicking about on that Moggy. So, mini, moggy, bug?

5K budget.

Suggestions?
        Best place to get a Morris Minor is Morris Minor Owners Club • View forum - Cars for sale

and given the money I would look at Morris Minor Owners Club • View topic - LOVELY 1971 MORRIS TRAVELLER IN RARE LIMEFLOWER GREEN £5200 I would consider it myself if I had the time.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Slightly over budget and needs a bit of tinkering but could set you on the path to living the dream.

1968 MGC 3.0 Restoration Project Convertible - Complete with For Sale on Car And Classic UK

Comment

Mate of mine bought a Midget convertible for about 3K. Nice car but a pain to maintain. Something or other needs fixing now and then. But it holds its value.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              Slightly over budget and needs a bit of tinkering but could set you on the path to living the dream.

1968 MGC 3.0 Restoration Project Convertible - Complete with For Sale on Car And Classic UK
              Needs t-cutting.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                Mate of mine bought a Midget convertible for about 3K. Nice car but a pain to maintain. Something or other needs fixing now and then. But it holds its value.
                I was looking at MGs. Midget looks nice, and some MGs, but I'm fussy. I wanted spoked wheels and chrome bumpers, not plastic bumpers.

Comment

I was looking at MGs. Midget looks nice, and some MGs, but I'm fussy. I wanted spoked wheels and chrome bumpers, not plastic bumpers.
                  I'd go for an MGB rather than a C, roadster for me but the tin top is probably more practical

you will enjoy cleaning wire wheels only once!!

something like this?

Midgets are great fun, but they are tiny and you need to have a vet's hands to work on them (c:

Or go the whole hog and get an alfa spider? beatiful beautiful car and you will just love the sound of the engine when it's on cam! (unlike the roar of an MG and the distinctive fart of a moggy)

Also if I recall there are some tax advantages to using a pre-73 vehicle as a company car, the accountants on here may be able to help with that

Comment

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
                    I'd go for an MGB rather than a C, roadster for me but the tin top is probably more practical

you will enjoy cleaning wire wheels only once!!

something like this?

Midgets are great fun, but they are tiny and you need to have a vet's hands to work on them (c:

Or go the whole hog and get an alfa spider? beatiful beautiful car and you will just love the sound of the engine when it's on cam! (unlike the roar of an MG and the distinctive fart of a moggy)

Also if I recall there are some tax advantages to using a pre-73 vehicle as a company car, the accountants on here may be able to help with that
                    That's the car!!!!!

Or this one

<swoon>

Comment

Working...
                    X