Interview Response Time Interview Response Time
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 23

Nervous Newbie

ashly007 has no reputation

Post Interview Response Time

Hi,

I have got 2 questions.

1. This is my first contract, have been applying & following up with all possible agencies. Getting good response, my CV is been placed in almost 45 locations in the past 1 month. But till date there is not even a single response to my CV. What is the avg response time from applying by the agency to secure a contract.

2. Finally got 1 interview call for Santander (Milton Keyens) for a position of PM. Its been 3 days and no response on the interview, followed up with the agent but even he is clueless. What is the avg response time for PM contract interview with Santander & other places in general?

Godlike

BolshieBastard has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by ashly007 View Post
    Hi,

I have got 2 questions.

1. This is my first contract, have been applying & following up with all possible agencies. Getting good response, my CV is been placed in almost 45 locations in the past 1 month. But till date there is not even a single response to my CV. What is the avg response time from applying by the agency to secure a contract.

2. Finally got 1 interview call for Santander (Milton Keyens) for a position of PM. Its been 3 days and no response on the interview, followed up with the agent but even he is clueless. What is the avg response time for PM contract interview with Santander & other places in general?
    Santander are notoriously slow. And good luck in MK with them, they are a shambles and the Spanish certainly like to play the 'pass the blame' game!
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

My post count is Majestic

NickFitz is always on top

In my experience, most contracts get sorted out pretty rapidly; but I'm a code monkey web developer and don't work in the financial sector, so my experience may be irrelevant to your circumstances Your CV is obviously getting into places, but don't worry too much about it going out a lot without attracting a response: you only need one hit, and it'll turn up soon enough.

Some clients will make a decision on interviewing within 30 minutes of getting your CV, some will take a couple of weeks. Again, don't fret too much over it. The most important thing is not to wait on something that may not come through, but keep plugging away at every other relevant opportunity that shows up. Also, be ready to pack a case at short notice. I've had more than one experience of putting my CV in to an agent, interviewing with the client the next day, and starting the day after that.

Good luck, and enjoy your first gig when it comes along

Party Animal

Zippy has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    In my experience, most contracts get sorted out pretty rapidly; but I'm a code monkey web developer and don't work in the financial sector, so my experience may be irrelevant to your circumstances Your CV is obviously getting into places, but don't worry too much about it going out a lot without attracting a response: you only need one hit, and it'll turn up soon enough.

Some clients will make a decision on interviewing within 30 minutes of getting your CV, some will take a couple of weeks. Again, don't fret too much over it. The most important thing is not to wait on something that may not come through, but keep plugging away at every other relevant opportunity that shows up. Also, be ready to pack a case at short notice. I've had more than one experience of putting my CV in to an agent, interviewing with the client the next day, and starting the day after that.

Good luck, and enjoy your first gig when it comes along
    WNFS (but I am a lesser monkey)

The other point I'd make is this - just because an agent tells you that your cv has been submitted doesn't mean it has been. Some of these people have been known to lie. Occasionaly.

Best of luck anyway
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

The beerded one

EternalOptimist is NOT a disguised employee

I only send my CV to known jobs, rather than spray it around, then follow it up within the hour with a phone call.
    If there are no good vibes within 24 hours I write it off.

when I am looking, I will go after about eight a day.

treat it like a production line, dont fret, and develop balls of steel
    Last edited by EternalOptimist; 12th May 2012 at 08:13. Reason: khama down , khama down
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

More fingers than teeth

OwlHoot - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by EternalOptimist View Post

treat it like a production line, dont fret and develop balls of steel ...
    My only advice is that EO should have put a comma after "dont fret".

Otherwise it seems like he is advising you not to fret or develop balls of steel, whereas developing balls of steel, unlike fretting, seems generally advantageous.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

My post count is Majestic

NickFitz is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    WNFS (but I am a lesser monkey)
    All monkeys are equal

Quote Originally Posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    treat it like a production line, dont fret and develop balls of steel
    My only advice is that EO should have put a comma after "dont fret".
    Indeed - a perfect example of the Oxford comma being required to make things clear

Grand Chief Guinea Pig

Pogle has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    All monkeys are equal

Indeed - a perfect example of the Oxford comma being required to make things clear
    What about guinea pigs?
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Fingers like lightning

mrdonuts is too good to be a permie

if you can find 45 contracts a month to apply for these days you are doing well

Potty-trained

suityou01 is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by ashly007 View Post
    Hi,

I have got 2 questions.

Couple of suggestions.

1] Do a jobserve search for the ideal contracts you are after. Print out a page or two and stare at it until you spot the patterns and buzz phrases, a bit like one of those magic eye pictures. Then make a list of these key phrases and then sit down with your CV and weave them in where appropriate. If you have no extensive knowledge of something but have used it for a few months then put "working knowledge of" or some such. Agents are simple folk that just match buzzwords against CVs so you want to make sure your CV has the right lingo in it.

2] Get your CV on jobserve, monster and jobsite. Then about once a week go and update them, even if only to move a comma. This will change your "last updated date" and move you nearer the top of the agents' lists and show you are actively looking.

3] Go on forums that deal with your specific skills, and answer questions. Not only is this a good thing to do, it will keep you sharp and possibly give you the chance for an annecdote in an interview situation. "A developer asked me recently about that, and I told them . . . ." etc etc.
    Brillo invited me back.