• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time for new shoes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Some really nice shoes on there and I'd love to invest in some good stylish shoes but I just don't get the idea of expensive shoes to last. They go on your feet and put up with all sorts of abuse. Surely they get tatty over time whatever make? People standing on your toe on nights out, subbing toes when out and about. Once the leather is scuffed or scratched they are buggered? How can they last a lifetime if they have to put up with that... or should I just take more care not to shoulder to shoulder nights out and not stub my toes? What gives?

More tulip.

If shoes have leather on the bottom they don`t last long whatever the make.

i had churchill`s loake`s bally , load of old tulip

buy a pair of timberland they last years

Comment

Originally posted by unemployed View Post

Comment

For Cheaney Shoes, cheaper...

Herring Shoes uses the same lasts and tweaks the designs a little, rebadges them and sells them at a little bit of a discount to Cheaney directly. For refurb, send them back to Herring and Herring send them to Cheaney. I bought a couple of Cheaney-originated shoes from Herring. Would not go back to anything else.

Household tip of the day...

Comment

Some really nice shoes on there and I'd love to invest in some good stylish shoes but I just don't get the idea of expensive shoes to last. They go on your feet and put up with all sorts of abuse. Surely they get tatty over time whatever make? People standing on your toe on nights out, subbing toes when out and about. Once the leather is scuffed or scratched they are buggered? How can they last a lifetime if they have to put up with that... or should I just take more care not to shoulder to shoulder nights out and not stub my toes? What gives?
          The other thing would be to have more than one pair, ideal five, and rotate them throughout the week. If you were a pair of shoes every day for prolonged periods they'll rapidly die no matter how good they are. Anyway, decent shoes with patina show a bit of character.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
            so unmemorable i got the name wrong

church's

Comment

so unmemorable i got the name wrong

church's
              Talking of unmemorable, when are you going to retire this tulip sockie?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

More tulip.

If shoes have leather on the bottom they don`t last long whatever the make.

buy a pair of timberland they last years
                Churches have been no good since they were taken over by Prada.
                Whatever the seller says about balance etc. You should get leather soles additionally soled with a man made sole.

Crockett and Jones are my preferred choice.
                Obviously, it's a good call to have more than one pair to rotate.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

sockie?
                  ??

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

Crockett and Jones are my preferred choice.
                    Aintree Black Crocodile, Men's Collection | Crockett & Jones

£4000

Comment

Originally posted by jjdarg View Post
                      Herring Shoes uses the same lasts and tweaks the designs a little, rebadges them and sells them at a little bit of a discount to Cheaney directly. For refurb, send them back to Herring and Herring send them to Cheaney. I bought a couple of Cheaney-originated shoes from Herring. Would not go back to anything else.

Household tip of the day...
                      Herring look decent and a manageable price.

Comment

Working...
                      X