• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting asked for train ticket on platforms? A new thing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    I lost a £20 note the other day. Its terrible that you cant get a replacement for free.
    You don't have to be such a knob - All I was pointing out was that even easyjet will offer a reprint of a boarding pass but Virgin will not offer a reprint of a ticket that costs £160 to travel from Manchester to London. I realise it's my fault that I lost it, but given I have proof of purchase, it was booked online, I have the booking ref and collection ref, it seems somewhat stupid that they can't simply produce a reprint.

Sorry you lost your £20
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      I watched that this week

Ryanair will charge you €50 to print a boarding pass at the airport if you lose yours, but that's hardly surprising.
      Cheaper that the £160 I have to pay to Virgin for the replacement. I'd take a £50 fee!
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
        You don't have to be such a knob - All I was pointing out was that even easyjet will offer a reprint of a boarding pass but Virgin will not offer a reprint of a ticket that costs £160 to travel from Manchester to London. I realise it's my fault that I lost it, but given I have proof of purchase, it was booked online, I have the booking ref and collection ref, it seems somewhat stupid that they can't simply produce a reprint.

Sorry you lost your £20
        Maybe trains don't have the same infrastructure... you can sometimes just show your passport on planes, or at least they can check you are on the list with it. There isn't a centralised system for train tickets, is there? You can buy one from a machine with cash/card and there's no record that you have a ticket unlike on a plane.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
        X