• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eurovision

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
    Why is that bag of *ank, 'Jedwood' running for the paddys again?

I think the country that wins has to host the next one, which is why Spain's entry were *allegedly* told not to win because they couldn't afford it. I think the Irish sending Jedward 2 years in a row when they could clearly win it with a proper act is a finacially motivated decision to esnure they absoultely don't win it.
    Last edited by Jog On; 27 May 2012, 10:36. Reason: link
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I think the real question is "why is the UK disliked throughout most of Europe and Russia" ?

Is it foreign policy ? is it how they feel treated when they arrive to the UK for reasons of tourism or business only to return with bad thoughts of the place ? is it the people of the UK which these foreign lot don't like the character of ?

Answer these questions and you will know that the UK can never ask for help and must stand alone forever !

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
        I think the real question is "why is the UK disliked throughout most of Europe and Russia" ?

Is it foreign policy ? is it how they feel treated when they arrive to the UK for reasons of tourism or business only to return with bad thoughts of the place ? is it the people of the UK which these foreign lot don't like the character of ?

Answer these questions and you will know that the UK can never ask for help and must stand alone forever !
        There are two reasons. There are not many good new artists and those that appear on the scene what instant fame without doing the hard work.

UK foreign policy particularly being the poodle for the US is despised and that makes the UK generally unpopular.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I think as far as foreign policy goes UK's attitude does not help create many friends in Europe even if US aspect is ignored.

Why can't UK send somebody who is well popular even here? Perhaps only nobodies who have nothing to lose prepared to be humuliated there in exchange for some cheap publicity

Comment

It cant just be foreign policy etc, otherwise why would Norway do so badly ?
            The last time THEY invaded anyone was when Eric the One-eye and Olaf the fat invaded Lindisfarne and buggered a few monks

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Yup. Last two years we have put up established acts (OK, last year was Blue but at least they were around before they did Eurovision) and both time we've been beaten by Jedward. *Somebody* must like them.
              Having seen various artists getting promoted at the expense of other, better ones over the years, I have come to the concusion that it's just like anything else, a case of who you know rather than ability.

That or they throw good parties.
              Last edited by Sysman; 27 May 2012, 19:09.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                It cant just be foreign policy etc, otherwise why would Norway do so badly ?:
                Taxes too high on booze!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  I think the country that wins has to host the next one, which is why Spain's entry were *allegedly* told not to win because they couldn't afford it. I think the Irish sending Jedward 2 years in a row when they could clearly win it with a proper act is a finacially motivated decision to esnure they absoultely don't win it.
                  I was quite impressed with the hosts. Lots of random clips and 2 foxy chicks, particularly the one towards the left.

one day at a time

Comment

The UK won't win it because we don't take it seriously and the Europeans are into the kind of sh1tey Europop our more credible music scene just doesn't produce. In the UK its only the homosexual and student demographic who watch it and, even then, with a heavy sense of irony.
                    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Maybe we sent Engelbirt for the same reason Ireland sent Jedward...

I think we might also be disliked because of the way many brits behave when they go abroad. Not just football louts but the "where's me fish 'n' chips I'm not 'avin any o' this foreign muck", football strip wearing, lagered up, lobster skinned twats that need "England in the sun" type resorts made just to ring fence them away from everyone else...
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X