• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just Welled Up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Welled Up

Just been watching the BBC4 programme about the making of Wish You Were Here.

Obviously, I knew Shine On was about Syd but I'd never heard the story about him turning up at Abbey Road during the recording before.

It was very moving to hear each band member recount their version of the story - how none if them could reconcile this fat, bloated derelict with the slim, enigmatic shadow of his former self. And they all concurred that he would have gone in to great things.

Very sad.

I'll be in Abbey Road shortly, probably well up...
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      I'll be in Abbey Road shortly, probably well up...

durty scot
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

durty scot
        Always the stereotype
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
          Just been watching the BBC4 programme about the making of Wish You Were Here.

Obviously, I knew Shine On was about Syd but I'd never heard the story about him turning up at Abbey Road during the recording before.

It was very moving to hear each band member recount their version of the story - how none if them could reconcile this fat, bloated derelict with the slim, enigmatic shadow of his former self. And they all concurred that he would have gone in to great things.

Very sad.
          Man up you ball-bag ffs
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

how none if them could reconcile this fat, bloated derelict with the slim, enigmatic shadow of her former self. And they all concurred that she would have gone in to great things.

Very sad.
            What did Judith Chalmers ever do to you?
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

They're doing the Final Cut now.

That really does make me want to cry. Shocking album.

Comment

They're doing the Final Cut now.

That really does make me want to cry. Shocking album.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                X