• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spain in state of total emergency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    This is idealistic bollocks. Yet again you are another one who tries to force an argument based on a negative perception. We can all shout about how wrong everything is but why don't you be really clever and offer a workable alternative? It particularly annoys mme when I hear hypocrites like you who have personally prospered from the people and institutions that you so criticise. They may be muppets but they have made you very rich.
    Nasty again DA, has the market been bad for you?

Seriously, calm down and don't always think you have to be an arse to people to get your message across .. I've only just entered this thread.

Let me ask you a question - have you ever LIVED in another country? with another way of life or culture?

My views are based on my education and my experiences in the world. I've lived in countries that put far less relevance on GDP as a measure, and dont buy into all out capitalism like ourselves and the USA have done.

There are countries that are financially crocked, but the people are happy and quality of life is HIGHER..

What I thought I said quite clearly is my suggestion at an answer - the economy is a sliding scale , free market or planned and micro and macro.

We need to concentrate on moving that slider back down from Capitalism volume 11 (e.g GDP is all) and tone it down to "standard of living for YOUR citizens" - Multiculturalism can never work if the only rule of law is increasing profitability.

You didn't answer my quip either about public spending being the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
      Nasty again DA, has the market been bad for you?

Seriously, calm down and don't always think you have to be an arse to people to get your message across .. I've only just entered this thread.

Let me ask you a question - have you ever LIVED in another country? with another way of life or culture?

My views are based on my education and my experiences in the world. I've lived in countries that put far less relevance on GDP as a measure, and dont buy into all out capitalism like ourselves and the USA have done.

There are countries that are financially crocked, but the people are happy and quality of life is HIGHER..

What I thought I said quite clearly is my suggestion at an answer - the economy is a sliding scale , free market or planned and micro and macro.

We need to concentrate on moving that slider back down from Capitalism volume 11 (e.g GDP is all) and tone it down to "standard of living for YOUR citizens" - Multiculturalism can never work if the only rule of law is increasing profitability.

You didn't answer my quip either about public spending being the answer.
      I am not having a good day so apologies. But it is tiresome to see everyone being so damned clever in criticising everything when they can offer no better alternative. The problem is that there is not enough capitalism and too few people enjoy the benefits of choice, self determination and responsibility. Too many people criticise capitalism and when contractors join in - having benefitted from it so much I get angry.
      I have just come back from Singapore (where I grew up) and if you dont work you do not eat. The government (which pays lip service to democracy) makes sure that the environment is right for job creation. It also ensures that whilst there is no welfare state as such companies help out with schools and charities. the more they help the more for instance they are allowed to get work permits for overseas workers.
      There are also too many cliches - give me a country that is poor and happy and I will give you a country that you would not be happy living in.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

So I seem to understand all is going well and the future is bright and I can keep on paying off my credit card. Ole'!
        <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Working...
        X