• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IRA says sorry for murder of school girl

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah but you have to see the bigger picture

you might consider that the IRA were terrorists, just because they blew up a number of innocent civilians, but it would appear that those were only the first fledgling steps of a democratic party.

Comment

Re: Ah but you have to see the bigger picture

Well if the British Government had not made such a @#%$-up of partitioning Ireland decades ago, the bigoted Loyalist dictators that hade power handed to them would not have been left in any position to create the environment for the likes of the IRA to flourish.

Comment

Re: Honest types.

no I believe PLO is freedom fighters... they only target military Israelies
        Sandy, for a bloke you can be quite thick.:rollin

Comment

So they are going to hand over the person who pulled the trigger and those who conspired to keep this secret?

Did n't think so

Comment

It isn't sorry as in "we are sorry we did it" but rather 'we are sorry we had to do it'. Just like the hollow appology of the Brighton bomber.

Comment

There is no such thing as terroist organisation
              A terrorist organisation is one which uses 'terror' to achieve political ends.

That includes the IRA, PLO and various other organisations.

Forgive me but the IRA took pot shots at my family twice. Once when they called in a bomb threat while my mother was performing in a disco. The other time was my father who was working on a BBC Production in Belfast. They took exception to the English BBC coming to Belfast to tell Irish kids how to get job! The latter one was a 1000 llb bomb planted to scare the film crew away. It scared the local kids more, many of the crew grew up in the Blitz and were used to bombs going off.

Of course there are such things as terrorist groups.

Comment

The IRA are murdering scumbags, but I've never known them to make bomb threats without planting a bomb first - was there actaully a bomb in the disco or was it some kid having a laugh?

A terrorist organisation is one which uses 'terror' to achieve political ends.
                I take it you didn't grow up with armoured cars at the end of your street then.

Comment

Strange...

That Mr. Adams is a mischievous type with a happy-go-luck twinkle in his eye. They're all loveable rouges and those nasty spud stealing Brits have caused all the problems. Now we've got that straight, just had over a few more billions in tax payers' cash so we can carry on our merry little games.

Comment

Re: Strange...

Well if the British Government had not made such a @#%$-up of partitioning Ireland decades ago, the bigoted Loyalist dictators that hade power handed to them would not have been left in any position to create the environment for the likes of the IRA to flourish.
                    Agreed - we should have handed the whole lot over and let Eire sort them out

Apparently that's how we got the Irish Government to take the issue seriously in the 70's - we threatened to give in to the IRA's demands, and give them Northern Ireland

Comment

Re: Strange...

As the old saying goes "one mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist"

Apparently that's how we got the Irish Government to take the issue seriously in the 70's - we threatened to give in to the IRA's demands, and give them Northern Ireland
                      I highly doubt it, at least in the 70's/early to mid 80's as then NI was one of the richest (booming industry and low unemployment) parts of Ireland (and possible all the UK as well, excluding London) with all the steel works, shipyards and other related industrys, no way in hell would the UK have let it go, while the republic would have rejoyced at getting it.

Now in from the late 80's onwards when NI economy started crashing that threat would work, because if they handed over NI to the Republic now it would probably bankrupt them.

Comment

Working...
                      X