• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you use Linkedin? Password threat!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you use Linkedin? Password threat!

Might be time to change your password

BBC News - LinkedIn passwords 'leaked by hackers'
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

My linkedin password is the same as my CUK password.

Should I be worried?

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
      My linkedin password is the same as my CUK password.

Should I be worried?
      Tell me what your password is and I will tell you if its secure.

Do you think they could guess your username from your Linkedin profile or registered email address?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Amazing isn't it? Decent programmers/developers left on the bench to rot (presumably the cv never gets past the agent's doorstep) and yet international networks can't even use basic security measures like a salt with the hashing of a password.
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

While we're on the subject, what joker at LinkedIn thought it'd be a good idea to send emails out with "jobs you may be interested in" that were 4 weeks out of date? Unless it was part of a co-ordinated fishing project...
          Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

I've only got a profile on LinkedIn to discourage people from sending me connection requests (which LinkedIn will send you repeated 'reminders' about if you 'forget' to accept them). Maybe there'll come a day when LinkedIn will become the way to get good contracts, but I don't think that day is here yet.

NB, if you want to put your e-mail address on LinkedIn's Do Not Contact list, you can do so here. They'll give you all sorts of crap, pretending to misunderstand your request at first, and telling you to "simply change your profile settings" (you know, the profile you don't have, and you never want to have), but eventually they'll stop trying to pull a fast one and add your address to their global suppression list.
            Last edited by Gentile; 6 June 2012, 15:17. Reason: messed up URL

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
              Amazing isn't it? Decent programmers/developers left on the bench to rot (presumably the cv never gets past the agent's doorstep) and yet international networks can't even use basic security measures like a salt with the hashing of a password.
              Do you think the dev's could be on the bench because they are using Linkedin as an example of projects they have worked on?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Do you think the dev's could be on the bench because they are using Linkedin as an example of projects they have worked on?
                I don't know who developed LinkedIn's code, but it wouldn't surprise me to find out it was outsourced to a low cost "plenty goodness" outfit who somehow maintain good ratings on the likes of Elance. Meanwhile, as I say there are decent devs who've been forcedd out of their career.

Comment

Working...
                X