Do you use Linkedin? Password threat! Do you use Linkedin? Password threat!
Posts 1 to 8 of 8

TykeLike

SimonMac is a fount of knowledge

Default Do you use Linkedin? Password threat!

Might be time to change your password

BBC News - LinkedIn passwords 'leaked by hackers'
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

TPAFKAk2p2

mudskipper is always on top

My linkedin password is the same as my CUK password.

Should I be worried?

TykeLike

Quote Originally Posted by k2p2 View Post
    My linkedin password is the same as my CUK password.

Should I be worried?
    Tell me what your password is and I will tell you if its secure.

Do you think they could guess your username from your Linkedin profile or registered email address?
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Super poster

MrMark is too good to be a permie

Amazing isn't it? Decent programmers/developers left on the bench to rot (presumably the cv never gets past the agent's doorstep) and yet international networks can't even use basic security measures like a salt with the hashing of a password.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Super poster

While we're on the subject, what joker at LinkedIn thought it'd be a good idea to send emails out with "jobs you may be interested in" that were 4 weeks out of date? Unless it was part of a co-ordinated fishing project...
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Banned

Gentile has no reputation

I've only got a profile on LinkedIn to discourage people from sending me connection requests (which LinkedIn will send you repeated 'reminders' about if you 'forget' to accept them). Maybe there'll come a day when LinkedIn will become the way to get good contracts, but I don't think that day is here yet.

NB, if you want to put your e-mail address on LinkedIn's Do Not Contact list, you can do so here. They'll give you all sorts of crap, pretending to misunderstand your request at first, and telling you to "simply change your profile settings" (you know, the profile you don't have, and you never want to have), but eventually they'll stop trying to pull a fast one and add your address to their global suppression list.
    Last edited by Gentile; 6th June 2012 at 15:17. Reason: messed up URL

TykeLike

Quote Originally Posted by MrMark View Post
    Amazing isn't it? Decent programmers/developers left on the bench to rot (presumably the cv never gets past the agent's doorstep) and yet international networks can't even use basic security measures like a salt with the hashing of a password.
    Do you think the dev's could be on the bench because they are using Linkedin as an example of projects they have worked on?

― Marcus Aurelius

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    Do you think the dev's could be on the bench because they are using Linkedin as an example of projects they have worked on?
    I don't know who developed LinkedIn's code, but it wouldn't surprise me to find out it was outsourced to a low cost "plenty goodness" outfit who somehow maintain good ratings on the likes of Elance. Meanwhile, as I say there are decent devs who've been forcedd out of their career.