• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why is it.........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    That the contract you want comes up as soon as you have started another? Just had a pimp on the phone for a role doing what I'm doing here but based in Halifax.....a couple of junctions up the M62 from me. These clowns had this role while I was out of work and it went dead. Now its back. So the chances are that they will be pulling a contractor up from london while I do the opposite to his commute!.
    Sometimes it seems like all your opportunities have come at once. But only because there are a lot more birds in the bush than in the hand, and some of them appear more appealing. Just take it as nice that you're in demand. There's no guarantee that the other role would have spun out anyway, even if it would have been a better fit if it had gone ahead. And, as you have a signed contract in-hand anyway, it doesn't matter much either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
      Sometimes it seems like all your opportunities have come at once. But only because there are a lot more birds in the bush than in the hand, and some of them appear more appealing. Just take it as nice that you're in demand. There's no guarantee that the other role would have spun out anyway, even if it would have been a better fit if it had gone ahead. And, as you have a signed contract in-hand anyway, it doesn't matter much either way.
      Fully agree, but as I have had to work away from home now for the past 4 years, having one on my doorstep, that I was actually up for 2 months ago before it went dead is just a little bit of a pi55er
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
      X