• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why is it.........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is it.........

That the contract you want comes up as soon as you have started another? Just had a pimp on the phone for a role doing what I'm doing here but based in Halifax.....a couple of junctions up the M62 from me. These clowns had this role while I was out of work and it went dead. Now its back. So the chances are that they will be pulling a contractor up from london while I do the opposite to his commute!.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

I have a cunning plan. Grow a beard and agree with the other contractor that he should grow a beard; wear similar clothes to each other. Then swap places again and you can both work closer to home; nobody will notice!
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

sod's law innit

Comment

Snap mate, shortly after I took this gig in Ipswich I was swamped with gigs for back home in God's Own Republic of Yorkshire.

Shrug it off mate as one of those things
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
          That the contract you want comes up as soon as you have started another? Just had a pimp on the phone for a role doing what I'm doing here but based in Halifax.....a couple of junctions up the M62 from me. These clowns had this role while I was out of work and it went dead. Now its back. So the chances are that they will be pulling a contractor up from london while I do the opposite to his commute!.
          Contractor sat to the right of me got the very same call about a role in Halifax coming live soon, which had gone quiet.... He's local too.

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
            Or if its still early enough, try pull MOO and get the halifax role.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
              Or if its still early enough, try pull MOO and get the halifax role.
              can't really now...agreed a 6 month let on a flat down here for the duration. This should give good prospects at the end I reckon.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

IMO it is because people don't know enough maths. Ask people the odds of getting 5 heads or 5 tails in a row upon tossing 20 coins and they will guess 1 in 20 or something like that(if they understand the question). The odds are 25%. There is more chance of grouping than people think.

Comment

It's an immutable law of nature.

Every single damn time I've taken a contract or accepted a dirty permie role, I've had numerous amazing opportunities present themselves shortly afterwards.

Comment

Same happened to me.
                    Now working 300 miles away instead of 20.

Comment

Working...
                    X