• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Make a face

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make a face

For some reason I got to thinking about average faces again. Here's a website that allows you to create them: Face Research » Demos » Make An Average

Average faces tend to look prettier than non-average ones, getting prettier the bigger sample averaged from, though hyper-attractive faces tend to be caricatures of the changes to the average, indicating perhaps where faces are heading. Thinner face, jutty out chin, thinner darker eyebrows, high cheekbones, etc. Same for men. Fat faces are ugly apparently.

Some people argue that it's not averages per se that make attractiveness, it's the smoothing out, removing blemishes and adding symmetry that does it, as if that isn't what averages do.

A hyper-attractive face with rather sticky out ears

How average are you?

I am above average.

Spod is below average.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

A hyper-attractive face with rather sticky out ears
      Are her ears sticking out because there is something behind them?

Her legs maybe?
      Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

TW
        What do you know about chins ?
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

To add to my "Things I've noticed that nobody else seems to be aware of" thread (before it got hijacked by arguments about medieval weaponry) has anyone else noticed that the left side of the face is always the ugliest?

Also any minor health problems, spots, tooth decay, saggy bits, lumps, general aches and pains etc are more common on the left hand side? It makes you wonder if there is a real basis for this left=evil, right=good religious stuff.

PS Although that would make tennis players disproportionately evil.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            TW
            What do you know about chins ?
            It's what separates us from the apes apparently:

...partially defining anatomically modern humans as distinct from archaic forms.
            Chin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
            That and a hairy arse.

Comment

Cool!
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Uninteresting face in my opinion. Beautiful is not the same as attractive/sexy or is that just me?
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Uninteresting face in my opinion. Beautiful is not the same as attractive/sexy or is that just me?
                  No it's just you sweety

Actually you are right, there are many women out there who could not by any stretch of imagination be called beauitiful but are without a doubt extremely attractive both sexually and emotionally.

Also there are many extremely beautiful women out there that only the shallowest of men would find attractive.
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

So essentially sleeping with a lot of ugly people is like having a beautiful girlfriend.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X