• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top tips.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top tips.

When attempting to get the best fare for a transatlantic flight by buying economy and then upgrading at the airport where it's only an extra $300 for Premium one way(which the client will reimburse you for) pay attention to what youre signing before boarding the plane and realising you've actually paid $1000 of your own money to upgrade to business class(which they won't reimburse you for)!

Bollocks.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

How long is your flight back?

I just want to know the peace period this board will have...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      How long is your flight back?

I just want to know the peace period this board will have...
      I'm back baby!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        I'm back baby!
        Hope you've learnt your lesson now!

Comment

Hope you've learnt your lesson now!
          I don't thinks it's been a very profitable trip. I've accrued over £4k in expenses which I'm probably not going to get the full amount back as the finance director is going to moan. All staff are on corporate cards as a contractor though the finance director refused to let me have one & so I had to expense afterwards. They can pay for my flights and hotel next month to avoid the outlay.

Comment

I don't thinks it's been a very profitable trip.
            What US visa did you get to enable you working there?

Comment

What US visa did you get to enable you working there?
              I'm contracted and paid out of the UK. So I can visit sites there for business. In on a normal waiver visa.

Comment

I'm contracted and paid out of the UK. So I can visit sites there for business. In on a normal waiver visa.
                Are you sure?

I suppose maybe you are allowed to visit their site for meetings but not for doing actual work

Comment

Are you sure?

I suppose maybe you are allowed to visit their site for meetings but not for doing actual work
                  You are asked to fill in the reason for your visit. I've always put business. I don't think it's an issue.

Comment

You are asked to fill in the reason for your visit. I've always put business. I don't think it's an issue.
                    You are probably ok, but if I was you I'd make much better research into this to get definitive answer.

Comment

Working...
                    X