• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

At last, the police go extreme on illegal parking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At last, the police go extreme on illegal parking

BBC News - London tourist's illegally parked car blown-up by police

A London tourist had his car blown up by anti-terrorist officers after it broke down - and he was also given a parking ticket
    Serves the muppet right for leaving his car abandoned outside the Palace of Westminster
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

He was lucky not to get shot in the head 6 times...

Comment

They were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off.

Comment

I bet He thought he'd get away with a bit of illegal parking close to the sights, and it all went down hill from there.
        He's just blowing things out of proportion
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Well what a surprise, doing an MBA with the U. of Wales.

Is that the 2 hour version or the full week?
          32 year old student. Good grief.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            BBC News - London tourist's illegally parked car blown-up by police

Serves the muppet right for leaving his car abandoned outside the Palace of Westminster
            Not actually outside the Palace, Storey's Gate is one block back from Parliament Square. However he was right opposite the Treasury Building (you can see it i the background of some of the pictures here. It was also on the corner of Horse Guards adjacent to the route the Massed Bands will be taking for trooping the colour on Saturday and right next to the Olympic preparations going on in St James Park.

Oh, and the back entrance to Downing Street is just down the road and the entire area is crawling with armed police.

Ironically, if he had stopped outside Westminster he'd have been spotted straight away as they have a permanent police presence on the gates, or just stayed with his car.
            Last edited by DaveB; 15 June 2012, 09:04.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

"Dear Sir or Madam, this car is broken. I am just waiting for the AA to arrive. Please do not fine! Thank you, yours sincerely."
              And then went off sightseeing

Was he expecting the AA to just auto-magically fix it in his absence.
              Gronda Gronda

Comment

Great Post

Absolutely hilarious and was laughing out loud at work.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost

Doesn't deserve a university place, what a dumbass.
                  Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                  X