• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blackberry Bold 9900

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackberry Bold 9900

Just wondering if anybody else has one of these? I have an iphone 4s as well (for gadgety purposes) but this blackberry phone is truly amazing. Never before has it been so easy and enjoyable to send emails, text messages, whatsapp, bbm etc.

I have had it for 3 months and I would find life difficult without it. The keyboard has been rated by all reviews as the best in the market - which is the main selling point to me.

I had several Blackberry Pearls before getting a smartphone and was very happy with them.

My main concern now would be how ling are RIM going to be around for?

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
      I had several Blackberry Pearls before getting a smartphone and was very happy with them.

My main concern now would be how ling are RIM going to be around for?
      WHS... I would need to know how ling they are going to be around as well!
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I doubt RIM are going anywhere - Barclays and my current gig gave all their permies Blackberrys and a lot of businesses depend on them for emailing.

Also their new 9900 has been a real hit. Several of my friends reverted back to Blackberry after initially leaving them to go to iPhone.

There will always be a market for them in business so I doubt there will be any major problems in the near future.....

Comment

RIM are in trouble, no question about that, they are just about to basically ditch their consumer line and focus back purely on enterprise. From a business point nothing can come close to a BB, but most people want the bells and whistles that come with an iPhone and IT Depts are caving in
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I've had my BB 8900 curve for probably 3.5 years, and I've been due an upgrade for ages but I can't stand touch screen phones so I've never taken the leap.
            This 9900 looks good but I would rather have a phone with a keypad than a phone with both.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              I've had my BB 8900 curve for probably 3.5 years, and I've been due an upgrade for ages but I can't stand touch screen phones so I've never taken the leap.
              This 9900 looks good but I would rather have a phone with a keypad than a phone with both.
              That's the beauty of the 9900 - you don't need to use the touch screen, the keypad can do everything.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                RIM are in trouble, no question about that, they are just about to basically ditch their consumer line and focus back purely on enterprise. From a business point nothing can come close to a BB, but most people want the bells and whistles that come with an iPhone and IT Depts are caving in
                I can't see that happening anytime soon, bbm is still the reason many consumers have a blackberry and I can't see them ditching millions of users who are paying a fiver a month or whatever for the blackberry service.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                  I can't see that happening anytime soon, bbm is still the reason many consumers have a blackberry and I can't see them ditching millions of users who are paying a fiver a month or whatever for the blackberry service.
                  RIM to leave consumer markets, focus on Blackberry business technology - Techworld.com
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

"Research in Motion's new CEO Thorsten Heins has said that the company will abandon most consumer markets"

It will retain a significant dedicated user-base going forwards but won't be on the same scale as Apple or Samsung.

Comment

Working...
                    X