Blackberry Bold 9900 Blackberry Bold 9900
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1

    Super poster

    NorthWestPerm2Contr 's job has never been outsourced

    NorthWestPerm2Contr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,323

    Default Blackberry Bold 9900

    Just wondering if anybody else has one of these? I have an iphone 4s as well (for gadgety purposes) but this blackberry phone is truly amazing. Never before has it been so easy and enjoyable to send emails, text messages, whatsapp, bbm etc.

    I have had it for 3 months and I would find life difficult without it. The keyboard has been rated by all reviews as the best in the market - which is the main selling point to me.

  2. #2

    Banned

    pacharan has no reputation


    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,524

    Default

    I had several Blackberry Pearls before getting a smartphone and was very happy with them.

    My main concern now would be how ling are RIM going to be around for?

  3. #3

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk has reached the peak. Play again?

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    43,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pacharan View Post
    I had several Blackberry Pearls before getting a smartphone and was very happy with them.

    My main concern now would be how ling are RIM going to be around for?
    WHS... I would need to know how ling they are going to be around as well!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  4. #4

    Super poster

    NorthWestPerm2Contr 's job has never been outsourced

    NorthWestPerm2Contr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,323

    Default

    I doubt RIM are going anywhere - Barclays and my current gig gave all their permies Blackberrys and a lot of businesses depend on them for emailing.

    Also their new 9900 has been a real hit. Several of my friends reverted back to Blackberry after initially leaving them to go to iPhone.

    There will always be a market for them in business so I doubt there will be any major problems in the near future.....

  5. #5

    TykeLike

    SimonMac is always on top

    SimonMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    God's Own Republic Of Yorkshire
    Posts
    24,013

    Default

    RIM are in trouble, no question about that, they are just about to basically ditch their consumer line and focus back purely on enterprise. From a business point nothing can come close to a BB, but most people want the bells and whistles that come with an iPhone and IT Depts are caving in
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

    ― Marcus Aurelius

  6. #6

    More fingers than teeth

    FiveTimes is NOT a disguised employee

    FiveTimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    19,815

    Default

    I've had my BB 8900 curve for probably 3.5 years, and I've been due an upgrade for ages but I can't stand touch screen phones so I've never taken the leap.
    This 9900 looks good but I would rather have a phone with a keypad than a phone with both.

  7. #7

    Super poster

    NorthWestPerm2Contr 's job has never been outsourced

    NorthWestPerm2Contr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveTimes View Post
    I've had my BB 8900 curve for probably 3.5 years, and I've been due an upgrade for ages but I can't stand touch screen phones so I've never taken the leap.
    This 9900 looks good but I would rather have a phone with a keypad than a phone with both.
    That's the beauty of the 9900 - you don't need to use the touch screen, the keypad can do everything.

  8. #8

    Super poster

    NorthWestPerm2Contr 's job has never been outsourced

    NorthWestPerm2Contr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    RIM are in trouble, no question about that, they are just about to basically ditch their consumer line and focus back purely on enterprise. From a business point nothing can come close to a BB, but most people want the bells and whistles that come with an iPhone and IT Depts are caving in
    I can't see that happening anytime soon, bbm is still the reason many consumers have a blackberry and I can't see them ditching millions of users who are paying a fiver a month or whatever for the blackberry service.

  9. #9

    TykeLike

    SimonMac is always on top

    SimonMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    God's Own Republic Of Yorkshire
    Posts
    24,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    I can't see that happening anytime soon, bbm is still the reason many consumers have a blackberry and I can't see them ditching millions of users who are paying a fiver a month or whatever for the blackberry service.
    RIM to leave consumer markets, focus on Blackberry business technology - Techworld.com
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

    ― Marcus Aurelius

  10. #10

    Super poster

    NorthWestPerm2Contr 's job has never been outsourced

    NorthWestPerm2Contr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,323

    Default

    "Research in Motion's new CEO Thorsten Heins has said that the company will abandon most consumer markets"

    It will retain a significant dedicated user-base going forwards but won't be on the same scale as Apple or Samsung.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •