Blackberry Bold 9900 Blackberry Bold 9900
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 28

Super poster

NorthWestPerm2Contr 's job has never been outsourced

Default Blackberry Bold 9900

Just wondering if anybody else has one of these? I have an iphone 4s as well (for gadgety purposes) but this blackberry phone is truly amazing. Never before has it been so easy and enjoyable to send emails, text messages, whatsapp, bbm etc.

I have had it for 3 months and I would find life difficult without it. The keyboard has been rated by all reviews as the best in the market - which is the main selling point to me.

Banned

pacharan has no reputation

I had several Blackberry Pearls before getting a smartphone and was very happy with them.

My main concern now would be how ling are RIM going to be around for?

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by pacharan View Post
    I had several Blackberry Pearls before getting a smartphone and was very happy with them.

My main concern now would be how ling are RIM going to be around for?
    WHS... I would need to know how ling they are going to be around as well!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Super poster

I doubt RIM are going anywhere - Barclays and my current gig gave all their permies Blackberrys and a lot of businesses depend on them for emailing.

Also their new 9900 has been a real hit. Several of my friends reverted back to Blackberry after initially leaving them to go to iPhone.

There will always be a market for them in business so I doubt there will be any major problems in the near future.....

TykeLike

SimonMac is always on top

RIM are in trouble, no question about that, they are just about to basically ditch their consumer line and focus back purely on enterprise. From a business point nothing can come close to a BB, but most people want the bells and whistles that come with an iPhone and IT Depts are caving in
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

More fingers than teeth

FiveTimes is NOT a disguised employee

I've had my BB 8900 curve for probably 3.5 years, and I've been due an upgrade for ages but I can't stand touch screen phones so I've never taken the leap.
    This 9900 looks good but I would rather have a phone with a keypad than a phone with both.

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by FiveTimes View Post
    I've had my BB 8900 curve for probably 3.5 years, and I've been due an upgrade for ages but I can't stand touch screen phones so I've never taken the leap.
    This 9900 looks good but I would rather have a phone with a keypad than a phone with both.
    That's the beauty of the 9900 - you don't need to use the touch screen, the keypad can do everything.

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    RIM are in trouble, no question about that, they are just about to basically ditch their consumer line and focus back purely on enterprise. From a business point nothing can come close to a BB, but most people want the bells and whistles that come with an iPhone and IT Depts are caving in
    I can't see that happening anytime soon, bbm is still the reason many consumers have a blackberry and I can't see them ditching millions of users who are paying a fiver a month or whatever for the blackberry service.

TykeLike

SimonMac is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    I can't see that happening anytime soon, bbm is still the reason many consumers have a blackberry and I can't see them ditching millions of users who are paying a fiver a month or whatever for the blackberry service.
    RIM to leave consumer markets, focus on Blackberry business technology - Techworld.com
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Super poster

"Research in Motion's new CEO Thorsten Heins has said that the company will abandon most consumer markets"

It will retain a significant dedicated user-base going forwards but won't be on the same scale as Apple or Samsung.