Thinking about getting a new camera. Thinking about getting a new camera.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 11

Double Godlike!

Moscow Mule is too good to be a permie

Default Thinking about getting a new camera.

Might be a but hard to carry around though...

BBC News - Gigapixel camera offers super sharp shots
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Contractor 'til I die

doodab 's job has never been outsourced

One dreads to think what the lenses will cost
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

More fingers than teeth

OwlHoot - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by Moscow Mule View Post

Might be a but hard to carry around though...

BBC News - Gigapixel camera offers super sharp shots
    I want one! Why aren't they on sale at Amazon?!

Of course you could go to the opposite extreme, and buy a single-pixel camera
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

TykeLike

SimonMac is always on top

I am not convinced I bet its ISO rating is shockingly bad
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

More fingers than teeth

xoggoth is a fount of knowledge

I would love a camera that just does good close up shots of weeds, bugs etc and has a built in GPS tracker so you know where you took the picture.

May be the next big technology. All such gadgets are made by machine from small modules, so, rather than buying a specific model you fill in a form saying what features you want and get the device that does just those.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Contractor 'til I die

Quote Originally Posted by xoggoth View Post
    I would love a camera that just does good close up shots of weeds, bugs etc and has a built in GPS tracker so you know where you took the picture.

May be the next big technology. All such gadgets are made by machine from small modules, so, rather than buying a specific model you fill in a form saying what features you want and get the device that does just those.
    Most interchangeable lens cameras will enable you to make those sort of photos with a macro lens. The GPS is a bit more unusual but quite a few of them do that now as well.

There are some issues when it comes to getting a *good* macro shot as you have very little depth of field so you really need a tripod and remote shutter release. A proper macro flash makes a big difference as well.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

More fingers than teeth

xoggoth is a fount of knowledge

The depth of field is obvously a problem with closeups, in microscopes everything has to be flattened. Surely with electronic cameras they could solve that? You take a video while the focus gradually changes, then the electronics combines the focused parts of each image into a single one.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Contractor 'til I die

The depth of field is obvously a problem with closeups, in microscopes everything has to be flattened. Surely with electronic cameras they could solve that? You take a video while the focus gradually changes, then the electronics combines the focused parts of each image into a single one.
    I think the problem is that things tend to move so you end up with something like a photo finish photo. Something like this could be promising though:

https://www.lytro.com/camera/

Double Godlike!

Paddy is a fount of knowledge

There was a Kodak camera that had GPS built in. Some of Digital SLRs have GPS or a GPS interface.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

我们不是病毒

More fingers than teeth

OwlHoot - scorchio!

I would love a camera that just does good close up shots of weeds, bugs etc and has a built in GPS tracker so you know where you took the picture. ..
    Don't be satisfied with anything less than interstellar GPS

That way you can tell exactly where the bug was in the galaxy.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here