• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thinking about getting a new camera.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about getting a new camera.

Might be a but hard to carry around though...

BBC News - Gigapixel camera offers super sharp shots
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

One dreads to think what the lenses will cost
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post

Might be a but hard to carry around though...

BBC News - Gigapixel camera offers super sharp shots
      I want one! Why aren't they on sale at Amazon?!

Of course you could go to the opposite extreme, and buy a single-pixel camera
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I am not convinced I bet its ISO rating is shockingly bad
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I would love a camera that just does good close up shots of weeds, bugs etc and has a built in GPS tracker so you know where you took the picture.

May be the next big technology. All such gadgets are made by machine from small modules, so, rather than buying a specific model you fill in a form saying what features you want and get the device that does just those.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            I would love a camera that just does good close up shots of weeds, bugs etc and has a built in GPS tracker so you know where you took the picture.

May be the next big technology. All such gadgets are made by machine from small modules, so, rather than buying a specific model you fill in a form saying what features you want and get the device that does just those.
            Most interchangeable lens cameras will enable you to make those sort of photos with a macro lens. The GPS is a bit more unusual but quite a few of them do that now as well.

There are some issues when it comes to getting a *good* macro shot as you have very little depth of field so you really need a tripod and remote shutter release. A proper macro flash makes a big difference as well.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

The depth of field is obvously a problem with closeups, in microscopes everything has to be flattened. Surely with electronic cameras they could solve that? You take a video while the focus gradually changes, then the electronics combines the focused parts of each image into a single one.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The depth of field is obvously a problem with closeups, in microscopes everything has to be flattened. Surely with electronic cameras they could solve that? You take a video while the focus gradually changes, then the electronics combines the focused parts of each image into a single one.
                I think the problem is that things tend to move so you end up with something like a photo finish photo. Something like this could be promising though:

https://www.lytro.com/camera/

Comment

There was a Kodak camera that had GPS built in. Some of Digital SLRs have GPS or a GPS interface.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I would love a camera that just does good close up shots of weeds, bugs etc and has a built in GPS tracker so you know where you took the picture. ..
                    Don't be satisfied with anything less than interstellar GPS

That way you can tell exactly where the bug was in the galaxy.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X