• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend Plans?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where I am it is getting dark early and cold in the evenings so I am going around to a friend's house (who is Scottish) and we are having a Christmas dinner and celebrations.

It makes perfect sense to us but there are southern hemisphere people coming too, for whom traditional Christmas dinner means a barbecue, so I am not sure what they will make of it.

Comment

Sat: got a friend coming for dinner so most of the day will be spent prepping for that
      Sun: lazy day, maybe go to the local jazz bar for some live jazz
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

out for a curry tonight with friends.
        Saturday taking the kids to a festival in a local village so they can help promote their swim club (Olympic themed)
        Sat evening - might all go out for a meal.
        Sunday - eldest has work until 1pm, youngest has a talent show at 3pm. looks like roast dinner at 5 is the best plan

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          What are your symptoms? Don't go to a doctor - just request advice from the cuk collective wisdom and we will have you fighting fit in no time!
          Went to be all achy. Woke up shivering in the night, teeth chattering, terrible dreams, bit delirious. Then 6am, sweating, headache, bunged up, aches & pains. Took some pills, OJ, back to bed.

Think it's a mild case of the black death ebola aids virus again.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Went to be all achy. Woke up shivering in the night, teeth chattering, terrible dreams, bit delirious. Then 6am, sweating, headache, bunged up, aches & pains. Took some pills, OJ, back to bed.

Think I'm just a big girls blouse
            ftfy

Comment

Black death was caused by bacteria. The other two are viral diseases. Get it right!

HTH

CUK Resident Unqualified Microbiologist.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                ftfy

Missus has talked about getting an undertaker around to measure me up.

(I'm still fricking invoicing though)
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

How did you know? Did some of the cuk posters make sense?

Missus has talked about getting an undertaker around to measure me up.

(I'm still fricking invoicing though)
                  I hope she got you more life insurance first?

Sounds more like aids to me. I reckon a few cups of green tea will sort you out.

Comment

Easy relaxing weekend for me.

Got a new cookbook "Rasoi: New Indian Kitchen" and shall be trying some of the recipes from there.

Also might have a sniff of the new game The Secret World.

Praying that clients do not do their usual and send an email at 4:59pm with demands as is normally their wont....!
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Seeing my sis tomorrow & not sure about Sunday... whatever it is, it will have to be something to help entertain the little one too.

Will the fecking weather improve?? I'm so bored of the rain
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X