• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RBS 'Computer Glitch'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooby View Post
    I'm still failing to understand why this was and is not being backed out? FFS!
    Truncate table.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      drop database
      FTFY

Comment

"An expert in banking IT systems" is going to explain all on Channel 4 news at 7.30pm !

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          FTFY
          Maybe Milanbenes was in charge of the backup tapes.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
            "An expert in banking IT systems" is going to explain all on Channel 4 news at 7.30pm !
            AtW?

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
              Below you can see banking airplane:

Banking IT systems are more or less like it apart from being less stable...

Comment

Actually thinking about it I was paid from a natwest account a couple of week back and they managed to pay me twice in two different currencies while the company concerned insisted they had only paid once in the correct currency. So it might be that this was an emergency fix for some latent ****buggery that has gone spectacularly wrong.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                  Sorry to those that have money in these accounts, but to be perfectly honest I hope that this gets worse and worse; anything to protect my future ability to gain meaningful work.

I know its selfish, and I want developing nations to do well and would support outsourcing of this nature if I'd EVER , just even once, seen it work out for the best interests of the company, its staff and customers - rather than a single exec team that come in "cut costs / increase the margin" then swan away with the big bonuses before the cracks start to show.
                  WHS

Comment

RBS Business Account just screwed up. Showing a negative value instead of a positive one...... Now I see why this would seriously pee people off.

Comment

So, how many of you RBS / NW customers are going to walk away?
                      Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                      X