• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bowie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was listening to the Space Oddity album the other day. I'd forgotten about tracks like Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed, and Memory of a Free Festival. Really an amazing album. And it was made in 1969! It's as old as me.

I've aged. The album hasn't!
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      I was listening to the Space Oddity album the other day. I'd forgotten about tracks like Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed, and Memory of a Free Festival. Really an amazing album. And it was made in 1969! It's as old as me.

I've aged. The album hasn't!
      We had a cat called Ziggy. He was lovely.

Comment

Just listening to Cygnet Committee. Astounding.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
          We had a cat called Ziggy. He was lovely.
          Interestingly a bloke who lives down the road from me is called Ziggy.

It's his real name, he's English, and he's about sixty and therefore too old to have been named after Bowie's creation (or your cat).

He has two very fit daughters.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Just listening to Cygnet Committee. Astounding.
            I have the album too, but at this time of morning?

Comment

Some of my favourite songs mean absolutely nothing to me lyrically.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                Some of my favourite songs mean absolutely nothing to me lyrically.
                WMS

It's the music. I am occasionally interested in the words, but usually only if I like the music first. WTF does Song 2 mean? Or Mouldy Old Dough?

Life on Mars was Bowie's classic cut-and-paste from newspaper headlines. Good song, but the words are just something to sing along to.

Comment

Mike Love famously fecked up Smile with "but what does it mean" comments. Sent Wilson into a 20 year breakdown. The coda to surfs up is amazing but God only knows what "columnated ruins domino" was about.

Mind you, I did play in a band that sacked a singer for writing "last train for an arsehole" in a song.

Comment

Forgot about this...

Comment

Bumped into him and his model wife in a pub in the middle of nowhere Nr Okehampton Devon, many years ago.

Seemed like a relatively down to earth sort of bloke considering what a global superstar he is.
                      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                      X