• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bowie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowie

Anyone witching the Bowie fast on BBC4?

What's your favouritevtrack?

My scout: The Jean Genie

Originally posted by pacharan View Post

Anyone witching the Bowie fast on BBC4?

What's your favouritevtrack?

My scout: The Jean Genie
    Spent some time in the studio with him, some great stuff not released yet.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

'The man who sold the world'

Being a relative youngster I thought he was covering Nirvana when I saw him at the IoW festival in 2004.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        'The man who sold the world'
        WGJS

Comment

Bowie. is. off. the. chart. on. quality.

Defined so much of Britsh music.

Eveyone loves the ziggy stuff but the Nile Rodgers stuff goes past that if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            Spent some time in the studio with him, some great stuff not released yet.
            Now that must have been an experience.

John I'm only dancing or China Girl.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I am sure Mr Bowie is extremely talented, my problem is that, with the possible exception of 'Laughing Gnome' I have never understood a single word of his lyrics.

Case in point...

Do you remember a guy that's been
              In such an early song
              I've heard a rumour from Ground Control
              Oh no, don't say it's true

They got a message
              from the Action Man
              "I'm happy, hope you're happy too
              I've loved
              all I've needed to love
              Sordid details following"

The shrieking of nothing is killing
              Just pictures of Jap girls
              in synthesis and I
              Ain't got no money and I ain't got no hair
              But I'm hoping to kick but the planet it's glowing

Catchy tune, but what the **** is he on about? Any fanboi able to elighten me? I am sure he did not just pick random words out of a dictionary ...
              My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Do you remember a guy that's been

In such an early song

I've heard a rumour from Ground Control

Oh no, don't say it's true
                Well, I think here he's just revisiting his Major Tom character from Space Oddity.

On my 10th birthday my dear old granny asked if Is like her to make a request for me on Ed Stewpots Family Favourites. I said yes please, Space Oddity by DAvid Bowie. Know what I got? My Bruvva by Terry Scott

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
                  Well, I think here he's just revisiting his Major Tom character from Space Oddity.

On my 10th birthday my dear old granny asked if Is like her to make a request for me on Ed Stewpots Family Favourites. I said yes please, Space Oddity by DAvid Bowie. Know what I got? My Bruvva by Terry Scott
                  That is a great song!

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                    I am sure Mr Bowie is extremely talented, my problem is that, with the possible exception of 'Laughing Gnome' I have never understood a single word of his lyrics.

Case in point...

Catchy tune, but what the **** is he on about? Any fanboi able to elighten me? I am sure he did not just pick random words out of a dictionary ...
                    Funny you should say that...

Cut-up technique - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X