• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much mobile data do you use a day?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks all. Sounds like for my limited use, 100Mb/month would be just fine.

Anyone know how much data Google Maps uses... I can imagine that might be a common use for me when I'm out of the house?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Thanks all. Sounds like for my limited use, 100Mb/month would be just fine.

Anyone know how much data Google Maps uses... I can imagine that might be a common use for me when I'm out of the house?
      What do you need maps for? Could you not get a satnav app?

Have you got your contract yet? Push them hard on the contract. Despite what they say then can give away data bundles as a sweetner so kick up a stink and get them to double it before you sign?

Also do you use BT? Might be eligble to use their Openworld hotspots thing as part of your package so more free roaming wifi rather than using data?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Regarding maps, is the difference simply that you can store satnav maps offline - is that what you were getting at?

Good call on chasing a better package though. I've been with O2 approaching a decade so will push them on it - however since I'm after one of the cheapest packages I'm not sure how interested they'll be to keep me compared to someone paying £40pcm!
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Regarding maps, is the difference simply that you can store satnav maps offline - is that what you were getting at?

Good call on chasing a better package though. I've been with O2 approaching a decade so will push them on it - however since I'm after one of the cheapest packages I'm not sure how interested they'll be to keep me compared to someone paying £40pcm!
          Go straight to customer retention and keep banging on about being a loyal customer and no one rewards loyalty. Why should you stay with them when you can get the same deal in a vodafone store around the corner, come on, give me something and I will say.... something like more data.....

Get annoyed and then feed them the solution to which they only have to say yes to get rid of you. Works with the vodafone muppets.

£40 quid guys have a £500 phone which they don't make much on and is likely to hammer their system and then leave when the next new phone is out with someone else. Nice quiet long term customer who doesn't cost them much is a steady little earner.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I thought I used a lot (I have a flatrate with high speed connectivity apparently) as I have bugger all to do at work so thank heavens for smartphones but looking at the data usage for 1/6 to today:

Total: 36.87mb used (in May it was 13mb, April 17.12mb and March 20.65mb)
            Facebook: 21.6mb
            Google+: 7.79mb
            Opera Mobile: 4.42mb
            Twitter: 2.05mb
            Android OS: 337kb
            Google Services: 238kb
            Mobilbox Pro: 196kb (download voicemail)
            Exchange Services: 118kb
            Maps: 113kb
            EURO 2012: 24.24kb
            Mail: 11.45kb
            Jewels Deluxe: 2.23kb (I tend to play games offline as ads get on my moobs)

ICS also shows background data usage and nice graphs on where it was going along with options to restrict your usage.
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I need to use a smartphone as a wifi spot, anyone doing this/got any recommendations ?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                £40 quid guys have a £500 phone which they don't make much on
                Sim only contracts are £10 a month
                THe top phones are £35 ish per month for 2 years

thats a £25 premium for the phone over 24 months = £600 + £100 up front for some of the very top phones (Samsung Galaxy SIII for example)

They do make money on the phones, thats why they push them so hard
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                X