• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World's only blind trader

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World's only blind trader

I met his today - Ashish Goyal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . At a friend's bbq. Really lovely guy.

I remember him from the JP MOrgan inclusivity video. He was the only good thing about that. Very modest.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I met his today - Ashish Goyal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . At a friend's bbq. Really lovely guy.

I remember him from the JP MOrgan inclusivity video. He was the only good thing about that. Very modest.
    I have a wee problem that will probably result in me going blind at some point in the future, it's already kicking in but I think I have some time left perhaps years. I take some comfort in being a musician and so could keep some sort of career going but I think IT will not be an option.

So here's the question. How would you cope, what else would you do?
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Wow! You met an Indian blind person, who was clever and nice? And?

You are Mir-I-Am and I claim my 5 wingardium leviosa behind the weeping willow.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

How does he read the screens?

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
          How does he read the screens?
          Same as AtW. He makes it up as he goes along.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I worked with a totally blind guy while contracting at Yahoo.

He had a large braille like screen/keyboard combo that somewhat resembled a large accordion keyboard, and could diagnose and fix bugs faster than me!
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Husband worked with a totally blind chap. He had some sort of braille printer arrangement thing. Not sure how he managed the pr0n though.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                I have a wee problem
                Have you tried diuretics?

that will probably result in me going blind at some point in the future, it's already kicking in but I think I have some time left perhaps years. I take some comfort in being a musician and so could keep some sort of career going but I think IT will not be an option.
                I'm sorry to here that.

So here's the question. How would you cope, what else would you do?
                Live of the accident/illness income replacement. But probably do music.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

My dad has been totally blind since he was 2. He's now 71.

He's genuinely had a fuller and more successful life than most sighted people I know. He's been a history teacher, he was a programmer in the 80s and is a brilliant pianist.

Quite inspirational, really.
                  Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Working...
                  X