• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England Vs Italy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    Well what do you expect from playing this rigid 442 system.

We needed more in midfield to be able to get more of a grip on the game and string some decent sequences of passes together.

That said, Lord knows where we're going to find a player with even a fraction of the quality of Pirlo among the emerging group of players. Jack Wilshere and Tom Cleverly perhaps?
    But you have. You have excellent players like Gerrard, Terry or Rooney (well Gerrard isn't that young any longer but so isn't Pirlo). They just don't seem to work well together. I think the best player at the moment in the world is Ribery but he just couldn't perform well in a team where he's left alone all the time. Winning a tournament is not just about having the best players. You do need a big star or two but you will never have 11 stars and it's the other 9-10 players that let you win a competition and not the opposite.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Franko: Last post November 2011.

Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out, will you?
      Don't stare at it too much, you can't have it.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
        But you have. You have excellent players like Gerrard, Terry or Rooney (well Gerrard isn't that young any longer but so isn't Pirlo). They just don't seem to work well together. I think the best player at the moment in the world is Ribery but he just couldn't perform well in a team where he's left alone all the time. Winning a tournament is not just about having the best players. You do need a big star or two but you will never have 11 stars and it's the other 9-10 players that let you win a competition and not the opposite.
        one day at a time

Comment

Well the dust has settled on another tournament.
          Am I disappointed ? No
          Am I surprised ? No

Did the FA adjust everyone's expectations by appointing Roy ? Possibly, but I think he drilled the team well and made some brave decisions. Although he wasn't brave enough to sub Rooney or Young.

The england players are just that - players. They are not a team and are a long way off it.

I've been impressed with a few players - Lescott & Johnson had good tournaments. And Carroll had a good few cameos appearances

There will have to be some more pain before a new team is born. The likes of Cahill, Smalling, Jones are all in with a shout at the back.
          In the middle Wiltshire has a chance and more starts from the ox.
          Up top we have the likes of Sturridge to come in.

We gave the Italians too much time and never closed them down, and that was probably due to being tired. Parker/Gerrard should have been rested against Sweden but we didn't have the players to rotate.

all in all what we got was the best we could have expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
            Once again we squander our already slim chances by insisting on playing a "hero" that if anything, has only proved that hes a club player only.

Rooney == John Barnes on the international stage ; we are a better team without him.
            Don't really agree with that. It's hard for a forward in a team that isn't performing. Rooney and Barnes both played in teams that were at their peak and dominated most games. At that level you forget the chances they waste because another is along soon enough. In a pi55 poor team like england they have to take their chances because they might not get another. I don't recall our front line covering itself in glory against France.

England must be easy to play against. The same old tired tactics that don't bring about any joy. The problem is that it is what the fans like in the domestic game and until that changes it's hard to see England changing!
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Let's look at the positives: England fared a bit better than Ireland and way better than Scotland.
              <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
                Let's look at the positives: England fared a bit better than Ireland and way better than Scotland.
                Oh dear, another hurting w4nker.

Me, me, me...

Comment

Nothing new here.

Spain and Germany are head and shoulders above the rest. I don't see their leagues overun with cheap foriegn imports.

Yes, the EPL good for sky sports (£) and the world wide audience but for the national team...

Nothing's changing soon...

Simples.

one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                  X