• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grey Imports

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grey Imports

Just been advised by hyundai garage that the 2nd hand santa fe 4WD with 4 years left of its warranty is in fact an Irish import, 2WD with 19month left of warranty!!
    THought price was too good to be true!!

Apparantly Arnold Clark bought a shed load of hyundai from a busted Irish dealer and brought them over to UK, feckers!!

Now fighting it with F.Omb.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolerKing View Post
      Just been advised by hyundai garage that the 2nd hand santa fe 4WD with 4 years left of its warranty is in fact an Irish import, 2WD with 19month left of warranty!!

Apparantly Arnold Clark bought a shed load of hyundai from a busted Irish dealer and brought them over to UK, feckers!!

What was it advertised as?

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
        Grey import piece of tulip.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
          Much cheapness, plenty quickness?

Comment

What's your concern...the warranty? I've had loads of 'grey' imports, which have been far superior in spec to a UK equivalent and you can pick up the rare versions that the Japs keep for themselves!

Wouldn't concern me at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
              What's your concern...the warranty? I've had loads of 'grey' imports, which have been far superior in spec to a UK equivalent and you can pick up the rare versions that the Japs keep for themselves!

Wouldn't concern me at all.
              It would concern me if I'd bought a car advertised as a 4x4 and found subsequently that it wasn't.

Comment

Was this an Arnold Clark 2nd car hire purchase then?
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by CoolerKing View Post

Sorry, but how did you not know this wasnt 4wd? Did you try turning ESP off and wheel spinning? the fact only the front wheels spin would tell you everything you need to know!
                  I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
                    Sorry, but how did you not know this wasnt 4wd? Did you try turning ESP off and wheel spinning? the fact only the front wheels spin would tell you everything you need to know!
                    If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck. But check under the beak just in case
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X