• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Banking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Banking

Who are people with for their business accounts?

Ideally looking for a free service?

Thanks

Originally posted by thelurker View Post

Thanks
    Some banks have free service, but for a limited time. I don't think any bank is doing completly free service, but I may be wrong.

Comming to the end of my free 2 years at HSBC.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I am with Lloyds, fine service but I don't expect anything from them to be honest, like above in the free period but unless you do any cash transaction Lloyds will remain free
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I am currently using the fetid puddle of rectal gravy that is Barclays.

I am moving to Cater Allen Free business bank account l IT contractor bank account l Cater Allen free banking :: Contractor UK

Comment

HSBC do a free service.

You are limited to a small amount of over the counter services per month, but everything done online is free.

Business Direct: Business Banking: HSBC UK
          Still Invoicing

Comment

Thanks
            I've been using Santander for a few years and its free. No problems so far. They charged me a fee for not having enough money in current account once for a direct debit. I called them to enquire about the charge and they put the money back in my account without having to ask (though it was my fault). So far, still good. Just make sure you keep it under 85k.

Comment

Cater Allen

Comment

Barclays (Ahem ). It used to be a doddle twelve years ago, when I set up my first Ltd. Every high street bank threw resources at you to try to get you to open an account with them. When I had to set up a new Ltd again in 2009, it was a nightmare finding anywhere to open an account as a small business. Even though I wasn't looking to borrow any money, most of them were looking for some sort of personal asset to guarantee my business account; I guess they must have had problems with businesses loading up credit cards then going bust. Barclays was free for the first year, and now costs me about £5 a quarter for a current account with Visa and online money transfer facilities (it'd be much more if I wanted to process cheques or lots of small cash transactions the way a corner shop might, but since I don't do much of that it's an OK arrangement).

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  I am with Lloyds, fine service but I don't expect anything from them to be honest, like above in the free period but unless you do any cash transaction Lloyds will remain free
                  I'm with Lloyds and thats not true for me, after the initial free period I am now being charged £5 per month.

Service is fine but am considering moving on a matter of principle.
                  Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Cater Allen
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X