• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are the royal family worth 61p a yr?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: £30 mln is nothing compraing with Govt waste

£30 mln is nothing compraing with Govt waste, if you assume cost of one civil servant being £20k (salary, pension, office etc), then 30 mln is just 1,500 civil servants!
    I'd say £60K salary plus overheads per civil servant is nearer the mark. Remember that their pensions are gold plated.

£30 million is 500 civil servants. HMG have taken on more than 100,000 extra since 1997, and whose life is better as a result of that?

Comment

£30 million is 500 civil servants
      At current rates of public sector recruitment, that is 1.25 days worth. Anyone grumbling about the cost of the royal family needs to focus their worries elsewhere methinks.

Comment

Subsidising Prince Andrew's golf trips to the tune of a 1/2 mill per year?

One 13 day trip for Charles which cost us £300,000 ...

No problem paying for the queen, but it's paying for the rest that bugs me, since these people have 100's of millions of private money of their own but are quite happy to bill us for everything they possibly can.

I'd be quite happy getting rid of a few thousand civil servnats to if that makes the monarchists feel any better

Comment

Working...
        X