• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

when will the government act

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tractor View Post
    I stopped reading this after the emboldened part lol
    If we cant believe official stats then we can't make any statistical based argument, surely?

Comment

probably not more law abiding, just more difficult to find/identify.

Crimewatch most wanted looks like a holiday in Barbados, Dublin or Krakow most weeks. Not many Mr Smiths on view or are they racist as well?

Makes sense you are suspected / convicted of serious crimes in your own country you look for a country that will let you in and its difficult to get deported from. Worked for Buster Edwards & Gary Glitter.

I see 4 reasons to emigrate to the UK

1. You are exceptionally highly skilled and need to get to a country where you can use your talents. Or you are stinking rich and fancy coming to the UK.

2. You want a better life and you believe you can work for one in another country. Maybe your family are already here having done the same. You can afford to come here so you were relatively rich in your home country.

3. Supposedly your country is so bad you have to get out before you are killed through no fault of your own.

4. You are on the run and need another identity.

Treatment most reasonable people expect.

1 OK come in and make us rich.

2 need to be judged on your merits and restricted so it doesn't negatively affect the original or new country. Why wouldn't you serve humanity better fixing your own country?

3 why did you come to an Island on the other side of the world?? Why didn't you stop in the first safe country? Thanks but no thanks in 99% of cases. I'll believe it when France is in Civil war.

4. No thanks, next plane back.

unfortunately the left love to mix these up. Number 3 being the bucket they like best.

Saddest thing is that the vast majority of crimes committed by illegal immigrants will be committed against people poorer and more hard working than they are.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        deportations too good for them. cant we relieve them of their bollocks first ?

and the home grown ones ? bollocks off, then a thirty five pound electronic tag for the rest of eternity.
        Quite right. Cut their goolies off. It's the only language they understand.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

One shouldn't start raping and murdering in a new host country, it shows lack of gratitude. I wonder how many Britishers go ape straight after getting off the plane after emigrating.
          Last edited by TimberWolf; 19 July 2012, 20:01. Reason: sp

Comment

It is not an even picture so just saying "immigrants" says nothing. Some groups like the legal Indians and Chinese are underrepresented. Not seen any stats by region but there appears no major problem in the SE with those from the rest of South Asia either, that's a Midlands problem. Specifically, the main problem groups in the South East are Affro Caribbeans, Eastern Europeans and some Africans. Plus some smaller groups like Tamils, Kurds, Afghans.

If stats show that any group is a problem we should act on those stats and tighten up immigration from those areas. It is ridiculous to point out that our own also commit crimes, we are stuck with them, but we don't have any obligation to take in any but the best from other countries. We don't expect Canada or the US to take in our sink estate kids along with our engineers or whatever. As far as possible, migrants should be far more law abiding than the British.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              It is not an even picture so just saying "immigrants" says nothing. Some groups like the legal Indians and Chinese are underrepresented. Not seen any stats by region but there appears no major problem in the SE with those from the rest of South Asia either, that's a Midlands problem. Specifically, the main problem groups in the South East are Affro Caribbeans, Eastern Europeans and some Africans. Plus some smaller groups like Tamils, Kurds, Afghans.

If stats show that any group is a problem we should act on those stats and tighten up immigration from those areas. It is ridiculous to point out that our own also commit crimes, we are stuck with them, but we don't have any obligation to take in any but the best from other countries. We don't expect Canada or the US to take in our sink estate kids along with our engineers or whatever. As far as possible, migrants should be far more law abiding than the British.
              well said
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

There is a couple of tower blocks filled with illegals next to the local red light area, prossies are constantly getting beaten up and raped by people with 'foreign accents'. I would say that about half the rapes reported in the press are done by 'just of a back of a lorry' types. We still win hands down on the murder stats though.

Honestly, I would say the country is done, time to get to the escape pods.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  Nearly a fifth of all suspected rapists and murderers arrested last year were immigrants

Last year 91 were accused of murder while 406 were charged with rape in England and Wales

174 out of 547 suspected rapists in London in 2011 were foreign as were 40 out of 197 murder suspects
                  UK Border Agency tells MailOnline they are deporting foreign criminals 'as soon as possible'

Oh FFS. I stopped reading at that point. If they can't manage to get the words found & guilty in amongst all that then whats the point of the article.
                  Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  So 80% of suspected rapists and murderers aren't immigrants. Perhaps the most sensible use of resources would be to deal with them first?
                  Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  I'm sure that close to 20% of the population of London are immigrants anyway, so one would assume they would be committing 20% of the serious crimes.
                  Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Foreign-born are about 40% in london. If only 20% of serious crimes in london are commited by the foreign born then they are more law-abiding than indigenous inhabitants. Met police stats would suggest that British born Afro-Carbbeans are disproportionately represented among arrests for seious crimes - whether that represents racism or whether british Afro-caribbeans are more criminal, you decide.
                  Good answers. I agree with this lot.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    It´s even more complex than that; I've heard from policemen that in the midlands the crime problem among Afro-Caribbeans is primarily an urban issue; outside of the major cities like Birmingham and Coventry they actually see less crime among Afro Caribbeans than others. There are lots of black people living in smaller towns, where they have a lower crime rate than other groups. Same here in NL. I have a feeling that some groups of people are culturally better adapted to small town or rural life and that they're perhaps a bit lost in a city.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Indeed. Another example is Bangladeshis in Tower Hamlets, a millstone round our necks for welfare/social housing/acheivement etc, but in Bristol they are very close to average.

May be partly the regions they come from, partly influences like gangs, partly that smaller groups integrate better. Integration is important in breaking down barriers, people we don't know are them/****/etc, people we do know are Fred/Ranjit or whatever. The idea that multiculturalism is a good thing is insane.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X