• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dark Knight Rises Review (Maybe spoilers)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark Knight Rises Review (Maybe spoilers)

Generally id say excellent. Lots and lots of action, great music score, lots of clever touches and things to think about.

Some strange things, like Bane's voice (he's the main bad guy). You'll instantly know what I mean when you hear it. Im assuming the actor who had the body to play Bane didnt have the "right" voice, so Bane's mouth is covered up throughout the movie and often his voice sounds like it was added on afterwards (which it probably was) and often doesnt seem to fit in with the sound of the scene around it. In short he sounds like he is speaking through a PA system. Could have been done better.

There was also a few points where the music and action were so loud, you couldnt actually hear what the actors were saying. Maybe this was unique to my cinema, so be interested if others notice this.

Nice touches like Cat woman telling Wayne ‘A storm’s coming’ and the political resonance of her warning ‘when it hits, you’re all gonna be wondering how you lived so large and left so little for the rest of us'. The 99%-ers anyone?

When the storm does come the police will follow their orders, come what may, even if it means condemning a bus load of kids to death.

So yeah, definitely a must watch my fellow geeks!

Thanks for the review!

I think the trailer has more spoilers than you just gave, including cat woman's line
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Waiting till next week to see it, going to the IMAX in Hamsterjam.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Not going to read this thread as I'll see it next week.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

bah, I didn't like it. Why do I have such a strange taste in films? I never seem to like what most others do

But then, apart from the first of Nolan's BM movies (which I thought was good), I've thought everything after Momento has been rubbish from him.

If anyone's a Nolan fan , I'd recommend "Following" - it's one of his earlier films, but I thought it was a beauty.

Comment

Last edited by KentPhilip; 23 July 2012, 12:37.

Comment

Working...
            X