• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another gold medal!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Erm, how much track and field athletic training have you had? Any idea how much technical analysis goes into sprinting technique, foot placement, height of knee raise, determining balance of cadence and stride length etc etc? Sponsors and athletics associations spend millions on this kind of thing to try and get an athlete to run 1 or 2 10ths faster. Now OK, I'll give you this; running 100m in a good club or regional champs time (between 10 and 10.5 ) is not necessarily a particularly skilful business, but once you get close to the boundaries of what your body can do it becomes skilful and involves a lot of science; the tiniest details like when to move from acceleration to maintenance without trying to force more accelaration, how to place your feet as you come out of the blocks (millimetres make a big difference at the start) can make the difference between not reaching the final and winning a gold. There's also skill involved in being able to work together with a very skilled coach to improve tiny details.

Please, spend some time observing and training with top class athletes if you don't think running, cycling and rowing are skilful. You might discover you're talking BS.
    What about gymnastics then? Just do a few forward rolls or swing about on rope, then stand there with your arms in the air. What's so hard about that?

Alf

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      What about gymnastics then? Just do a few forward rolls or swing about on rope, then stand there with your arms in the air. What's so hard about that?

Alf
      I reckon its quite difficult trying not to get a chubb on in those tight leotards with the fitties of the women's gymnastic around
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Are all the sitting down events done now, if so where are our next gold medals coming from? Apart from Jessica Ennis' perhaps.

We're doing well in the rankings currently, but have we shot our bolt? Amazing how we dominated the cycling, was awesome the way Wiggins could say it would be a piece of cake and then go on to walk it. Rowing wasn't bad either.

Comment

gold medals will be in the triathlon this morning

Comment

Rowingtastic

Comment

Two more sitting down medals in the rowing!

(And it's not even afternoon yet!)

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post

Golds? We're 3rd in the country rankings now

Comment

Bit of an issue with the sitting down but they're off again.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    gold medals will be in the triathlon this morning
                    Nope, 5th
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post

Jess Ennis did a good bit of sitting down in the sandpit!

Scooter has got to beat her by 13 or 14 metres in the Jav if she wants to catch up before the last event.

Comment

Working...
                      X