• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is outsourcing the cause of RBS debacle?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well they obviously taught you Keynesian and not Austrian.

Comment

Surely the decisions made to use outsourcing need to be looked at in order to determine if outsourcing was the problem. It then has to be determined if checks were made to see if the company outsourced too were competent to provide the required services. If not then those who cleared the way for outsourcing need to be investigated to see why they made that decision so basically in the end it comes back around to the company possibly making a bad business decision.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
        What and give UK businesses a competitive disadvantage because they have to employ more expensive contractors?
        UK businesses don't have to employ overly expensive contractors in the first place.

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Thing about bobs is that a good percentage of them are very sneeky and devious.
        But not bitter, miserable alcoholics at least
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          UK businesses don't have to employ overly expensive contractors in the first place.

But not bitter, miserable alcoholics at least
          Contractors are cheaper than outsourcing. The former require management while the latter involves writing cheques (and probably panicking as the outsourcing stories / disasters start appearing in the news).
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
            And me, in other countries I always send my moolah back home.

I remember the fun we had waiting for exchange rate spikes to IBAN our cash home.
            Same here and I tend to spend my money in the UK and then pick up my goods when I come home for a weekend
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Surely the decisions made to use outsourcing need to be looked at in order to determine if outsourcing was the problem. It then has to be determined if checks were made to see if the company outsourced too were competent to provide the required services. If not then those who cleared the way for outsourcing need to be investigated to see why they made that decision so basically in the end it comes back around to the company possibly making a bad business decision.
              WHS , problem is we need regulatory bodies and that's a naughty word nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by BusinessAnalyst2012 View Post
                This is the first time I've worked with offshored resource but I personally haven't seen any problems yet. We are only three weeks into the build, but so far my offshore dev team has been really enthusiastic and keen to learn. Surely technology is technology whether you are sitting at a desk in Manchester or Chennai!
                "three weeks into the build"

"keen to learn"

"haven't seen any problems yet"

"Manchester"

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post

"keen to learn"

"Manchester"

Yeap, just set the expectations right.
                  If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post

"keen to learn"

"Manchester"

Interestingly I've been winding some of our Bobs up about how rubbish they are at the Olympics - 1 billion people and 3 medals ?? Anyway they're response was that it's frowned upon for youngsters to play sport as mum and dad think they should spend all day & night studying.

Given that it's fairly well proven that kids who do participate in sport grow up to be more well rounded individuals (premiership footballers excepted), I wonder if this goes some way to explaining why they're all cr@p at IT ?

Anyway that's enough bag of a fag packet social analysis for one day...time for a coffee...

Comment

Working...
                    X