Is outsourcing the cause of RBS debacle? Is outsourcing the cause of RBS debacle?
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 79

Contractor Among Contractors

kingcook is good enough for Jehovah!

Default Is outsourcing the cause of RBS debacle?

BBC News - Is outsourcing the cause of RBS debacle?

Comment #570 (by John):

Hopefully this will act as a wake up call to directors who see IT as an overhead, a chance to justify huge bonuses cutting costs - replacing experienced developers with cheap coders based in India.

Sadly it wont.The UK was a world leaders in IT, that legacy has been squandered by greedy directors, and Labour/Tories have done nothing to stop it.

We should offshore the directors instead.

Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

I dont think its just directors. I fell that contractors have been under attack since 1997. Politicians have alot to answer for with IR35.
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

Fingers like lightning

sbakoola has more data than eek

I am personally fed up with Bobs in investment banking, they are a pain to deal with, hard to understand, some of them are very political and will take your job given the opportunity. Don't people understand that if you outsource the I.T. to Bob, Bob can make higher demands on your business in the long run.

Also their I.T. design proposals are a joke and I refuse to waste my time reviewing them.

This I.T. lark is seriously peeving me off, I'm going to try and move myself into a position of some power to try and weed out this non-sense.

Godlike

BolshieBastard 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by sbakoola View Post
    I am personally fed up with Bobs in investment banking, they are a pain to deal with, hard to understand, some of them are very political and will take your job given the opportunity. Don't people understand that if you outsource the I.T. to Bob, Bob can make higher demands on your business in the long run.

Also their I.T. design proposals are a joke and I refuse to waste my time reviewing them.

This I.T. lark is seriously peeving me off, I'm going to try and move myself into a position of some power to try and weed out this non-sense.
    I agree with you and good luck.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Godlike

ChimpMaster - scorchio!

hear hear!

My post count is Majestic

AtW is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Politicians have alot to answer for with IR35.

And IR35 affected outsourcing to 3rd world exactly how?

Super poster

jmo21 is NOT a disguised employee

Every issue I've ever had with hopeless IT bob, my friend, a chemical scientist, has experienced with chemistry bob.

Banned

BusinessAnalyst2012 has no reputation

This is the first time I've worked with offshored resource but I personally haven't seen any problems yet. We are only three weeks into the build, but so far my offshore dev team has been really enthusiastic and keen to learn. Surely technology is technology whether you are sitting at a desk in Manchester or Chennai!

Pilchard

Cliphead has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by BusinessAnalyst2012 View Post
    ...has been really enthusiastic and keen to learn
    WTF? They don't know their job?

Contractor Among Contractors

kingcook is good enough for Jehovah!

Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t