Job decisions and hindsight Job decisions and hindsight
Posts 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Godlike

    BolshieBastard 's job has never been outsourced

    BolshieBastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    kicking tulip out of a borg cube
    Posts
    5,639

    Default Job decisions and hindsight

    Aw, **** it! I knew I shouldnt have been so bolshie 8 weeks ago.

    Had just finished a contract and was looking for the next one. Within days, had interview at a client in a city centre, easy to travel to but client very inflexible with start \ finish time, wouldnt consider WFH and expected late nights at the drop of a hat.

    At least they were upfront about it but as the rate was 90% of the last contract, decided to knock it back.

    Not to worry, 10 days later had two interviews on successive days. Again, one on the outskirts of a city, one a town centre. Town centre job was easier to get to and I'd worked there before. Both were paying 15% more than the last role.

    Got both jobs so had to decide which one. After a bit of back and forth with agents, decided to go with the one I'd worked with before so t'other agent got the hump and informed their client I was taking the other job.

    But then the 'success' agency started getting arsey and I got bolshie and ended up telling them to 'do one'! And now the market has gone into summer recess. Bah!

    Should have taken that first job, I'd be half way through the contract now. Ah well, at least I've got the Olympics to watch in my undie crackers
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

  2. #2

    Banned

    Gentile has no reputation


    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,531

    Default

    Never look back.

  3. #3

    My post count is Majestic

    MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

    MarillionFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    35,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Aw, **** it! I knew I shouldnt have been so bolshie 8 weeks ago.

    Had just finished a contract and was looking for the next one. Within days, had interview at a client in a city centre, easy to travel to but client very inflexible with start \ finish time, wouldnt consider WFH and expected late nights at the drop of a hat.

    At least they were upfront about it but as the rate was 90% of the last contract, decided to knock it back.

    Not to worry, 10 days later had two interviews on successive days. Again, one on the outskirts of a city, one a town centre. Town centre job was easier to get to and I'd worked there before. Both were paying 15% more than the last role.

    Got both jobs so had to decide which one. After a bit of back and forth with agents, decided to go with the one I'd worked with before so t'other agent got the hump and informed their client I was taking the other job.

    But then the 'success' agency started getting arsey and I got bolshie and ended up telling them to 'do one'! And now the market has gone into summer recess. Bah!

    Should have taken that first job, I'd be half way through the contract now. Ah well, at least I've got the Olympics to watch in my undie crackers
    Do you have last more than 6 weeks in a contract? You make Suity look hardcore.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

  4. #4

    King of updation

    TestMangler - scorchio!

    TestMangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ardbeg, Isle Of Bute, Jock Land.
    Posts
    6,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Aw, **** it! I knew I shouldnt have been so bolshie 8 weeks ago.

    Had just finished a contract and was looking for the next one. Within days, had interview at a client in a city centre, easy to travel to but client very inflexible with start \ finish time, wouldnt consider WFH and expected late nights at the drop of a hat.

    At least they were upfront about it but as the rate was 90% of the last contract, decided to knock it back.

    Not to worry, 10 days later had two interviews on successive days. Again, one on the outskirts of a city, one a town centre. Town centre job was easier to get to and I'd worked there before. Both were paying 15% more than the last role.

    Got both jobs so had to decide which one. After a bit of back and forth with agents, decided to go with the one I'd worked with before so t'other agent got the hump and informed their client I was taking the other job.

    But then the 'success' agency started getting arsey and I got bolshie and ended up telling them to 'do one'! And now the market has gone into summer recess. Bah!

    Should have taken that first job, I'd be half way through the contract now. Ah well, at least I've got the Olympics to watch in my undie crackers
    And if you hadn't got arsey with the agent, you'd have been working with T.Mangler, so there was that particular 'downside' to consider
    On Desolation Boulevard, they'd light the faded lights.....

  5. #5

    Godlike

    BolshieBastard 's job has never been outsourced

    BolshieBastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    kicking tulip out of a borg cube
    Posts
    5,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Do you have last more than 6 weeks in a contract? You make Suity look hardcore.
    Just because you take 6 week contracts doesnt mean everyone else does, bellwhiff.

    And your post make **** all sense. No change there, then.
    Last edited by BolshieBastard; 6th August 2012 at 16:12.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

  6. #6

    Godlike

    BolshieBastard 's job has never been outsourced

    BolshieBastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    kicking tulip out of a borg cube
    Posts
    5,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TestMangler View Post
    And if you hadn't got arsey with the agent, you'd have been working with T.Mangler, so there was that particular 'downside' to consider
    I'd have been working somewhere else matey. How's it holding up in w yorks?
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •