• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suity boomed CUK style

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suity boomed CUK style

OK this actually happened. Today. I did this. Yes me. Suity.

The SAP implementation programme I am currently delivering a project for has hit a snag. That snag is data migration. Too little credence, too late despite the warnings. So it's iceberg time.

I was summoned to the SAP team meeting to explain how we weren't going to deliver the migration on time. Dreading it if truth be told, and I wanted to hand the towel in weeks ago, but chose to stay and fight.

So the meeting started, and suity is on the ropes. Accusations, blame, getting nasty. I am in there with my PM, who is doing his best to defend the situation. They're not listening. Their programme is going off piste anyways and we are the perfect scapegoat, even if we delivered the migration on time they would still fail to hit deadline but this is hushed up, super political.

Was I cacking it? No. Was I rising to the bait? No. Did I hear them all out calmly before returning salvo? Too right I fecking did.

20 minutes of laying it on the line, calmly but firmly. Explaining that some of the requirements were unachievable, too esoteric and not needed. Advising on business contingency, workarounds, likely scenarios the whole ball of wax.

The return salvo was from the head of IT, who kept on saying "I just don't see why it's this difficult?". The sucker punch from suity was then delivered, apparently I raised my voice several decibels and thrust a finger in his face saying "don't get complacent!" and he backed right down.

Got an extension to 1st November, and the team I asked for!!! The Bob's don't get this one, I do, and I managed to get another contractor an extension into the bargain as I demanded I needed him!!

Is this not the stuff of CUK? Am I not a hero? Is this not the day that MF, Spod et al rub their eyes in disbelief, and then begrudglingly cough, 'err, well done I spose, welcome to the real contractors league'??

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Suity, what have I been telling you for the last year or so ? You have what it takes to be a bad mofo....

You're a white Samuel L Jackson. You're a mushroom cloud laying mother######, mother###### !!
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

The mouse who roared.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        The mouse who roared.

Still getting pushed around by your in-laws are we?

Comment

jeez us h christus.

just make sure you deliver it
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            jeez us h christus.

just make sure you deliver it
            Safe as houses mate

Comment

Go suity!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Go suity!
                Follow Old Greg!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  Safe as houses mate
                  no no no.

you brag afterwards.

and i hope to hear you brag.
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    no no no.

you brag afterwards.

and i hope to hear you brag.
                    Did Mrs EO sort out the Surprising Button Car today?

Comment

Working...
                    X