• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hedgehogs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Rarely seen live hedgehogs or foxes since moving to a rural area. They seem to like city life or, more likely, gardens are the only habitat they have in cities whereas ours can stay well away from us in the woods.
    You can often see them more as people tend to put out food for them. Great if it is hedgehogs, not so, if it is foxes.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

We used to put a tin bowl of milk out for ours, and after a while it expected this every night and got very grumpy if we forgot - We'd hear loud metallic noises of the bowl being kicked round and round the patio until someone went outside to top it up.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I thought you were supposed to give hedgehogs water not milk ?

Comment

Wonder what we would feed lions with?

Hedgehogs can be incredibly noisy. Loud crying noise last year and found a young hedgehog with chunk of spikes torn out, stinking cat probably. Not a major injury I daresay and eventually it wandered off.
          Last edited by xoggoth; 9 August 2012, 10:16.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            We used to put a tin bowl of milk out for ours, and after a while it expected this every night and got very grumpy if we forgot - We'd hear loud metallic noises of the bowl being kicked round and round the patio until someone went outside to top it up.
            Dawwww!!

Isn't cow's milk bad for hedgehogs, though? (scroll down, and third sentence on the link).

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              I really want a hedgehog.
              We had one that used to come at the same time each night and we'd put cat food out for him. Then one day he stopped coming and not seen him since so guess that didn't end happily

They are lovely things.

Comment

they are actually pretty flea ridden mangy things headhogs.

not at all like that blue one in the computer game

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post

Dawwww!!

Isn't cow's milk bad for hedgehogs, though? (scroll down, and third sentence on the link).
                  Crikey - We didn't know that! It seemed to like milk though, as its tantrums showed.

Good find BTW
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    I really want a hedgehog.

but me garden isnt big enough, and there is not enough hedgehog infrastructure around to support one

I'm a bit pissed off about that

If you can't have your own, you could always consider adoption.

Benny

Comment

Working...
                    X