• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why does

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does

Durham Valley Tees Airport look like branch of Tesco's?

BBC News - Jet overshoots runway at Durham Tees Valley Airport
    Coffee's for closers

It is a Tesco's. With an Airport aisle.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post

The jet must have had wobbly wheels
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        The jet must have had wobbly wheels
        Yep, and they land sideways.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
          Its not a Tesco its really just a tin shed. Its great for catching flights from I can arrive 10 minutes before take off for Aberdeen flights. Never had a problem catching the flight.

As for the statement flights are running normally. With 6 flights a day (3 to Aberdeen, 3 to Amsterdam) that wouldn't be difficult.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Cause Waitrose is too upmarket for the area!
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Sounds like a Tesco value chicken hit the side of the Falcon trolley...
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Cause Waitrose is too upmarket for the area!
                While we don't have a Waitrose (Booths are rumoured to be coming which is frankly a nicer option) Darlington is probably the largest town in the country without a proper Tesco's. There is a Tesco local in the town centre but that is that.

To be honest its all the nicer for the lack of one.

Comment

Because the primary duty of an airport is to sell stuff? Getting people on and off planes seems unimportant these days.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Because the primary duty of an airport is to sell stuff? Getting people on and off planes seems unimportant these days.
                    Given that Durham Tees has 2 bars (one each side of check-in) 2 WH Smiths (ditto - with strange opening hours that only make sense when you see the timetable) and the worlds worst Duty Free selling stuff is not a priority. Its small size and incredibly late check-in times means its absolutely brilliant provided you want to go to Aberdeen or via Amsterdam.

Comment

Working...
                    X