Passports WTF! Passports WTF!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Passports WTF!

  1. #1

    Double Godlike!

    Paddy is a fount of knowledge

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    10,524

    Default Passports WTF!

    Passports WFT!

    Until now I have always managed to get a replacement passport or renewal the same day or within a few days by post. After getting photos done to the latest specification and sending it via the Post Office checking service; it took four weeks! There were no replies to my online enquiries about the status, and it seems to have taken ten days to get to me since it was issued.

    The new way of printing makes the photo of me look like a Madame Tussauds wax head of a dark skinned Bob rather than an Anglo Saxon. It may work (unlikely) on automatic scanning but anywhere else in the world they will be expecting a Bob.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

    我们不是病毒

  2. #2

    Double Godlike!

    stek - scorchio!

    stek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East of Eden
    Posts
    11,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Passports WFT!

    Until now I have always managed to get a replacement passport or renewal the same day or within a few days by post. After getting photos done to the latest specification and sending it via the Post Office checking service; it took four weeks! There were no replies to my online enquiries about the status, and it seems to have taken ten days to get to me since it was issued.

    The new way of printing makes the photo of me look like a Madame Tussauds wax head of a dark skinned Bob rather than an Anglo Saxon. It may work (unlikely) on automatic scanning but anywhere else in the world they will be expecting a Bob.
    You are Cameroonian Olympic absconder and I claim my Five pounds....

    If you are Cameroonian you are claiming you are gay and claiming you are persecuted too, so another Five Pounds for being a bender.

    So is that 15 or 10?

  3. #3

    More fingers than teeth

    OwlHoot - scorchio!

    OwlHoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post

    ... The new way of printing makes the photo of me look like a Madame Tussauds wax head of a dark skinned Bob rather than an Anglo Saxon. It may work (unlikely) on automatic scanning but anywhere else in the world they will be expecting a Bob.
    Did you try ringing the Passport Office? I wouldn't be surprised if they were processed and printed in India now

    OH in "Sorry for the passport delayings sir. It will be ready in a very soon moment from now" mode
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

  4. #4

    Double Godlike!

    Spacecadet is a permanent contractor

    Spacecadet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jupiter
    Posts
    12,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Did you try ringing the Passport Office? I wouldn't be surprised if they were processed and printed in India now

    OH in "Sorry for the passport delayings sir. It will be ready in a very soon moment from now" mode
    They're printed in Chadderton near Manchester
    Coffee's for closers

  5. #5

    Contractor Among Contractors

    bless 'em all has no reputation


    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spacecadet View Post
    They're printed in Chadderton near Manchester
    Much the same then?

  6. #6

    Double Godlike!

    Spacecadet is a permanent contractor

    Spacecadet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jupiter
    Posts
    12,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bless 'em all View Post
    Much the same then?
    Not since partition
    Coffee's for closers

  7. #7

    doGlike

    SupremeSpod has no reputation

    SupremeSpod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spacecadet View Post
    They're printed in Chadderton near Manchester
    And every so often a batch of 'em go missing.

  8. #8

    Double Godlike!

    Spacecadet is a permanent contractor

    Spacecadet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jupiter
    Posts
    12,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    And every so often a batch of 'em go missing.
    whats a 1000 or so blank passports between friends
    Coffee's for closers

  9. #9

    doGlike

    SupremeSpod has no reputation

    SupremeSpod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spacecadet View Post
    whats a 1000 or so blank passports between friends
    £150 a pop. How many do you want?

  10. #10

    Godlike

    BolshieBastard 's job has never been outsourced

    BolshieBastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Blissful retirement, yes, really!
    Posts
    5,713

    Default

    There was an article in the torygraph about 10 days ago. The normal turnaround for passports is between 4 and 6 weeks. The 'same day' service is running at around 3 weeks with only Durham(?) I think being able to accept new applications for the time being.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •