• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it all doom and gloom or happy days?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it all doom and gloom or happy days?

The environment at present ClientCo is one of doom and gloom.

The morale of permi staff has either been affected by redundancies, off shoring, or a general disaffected malaise.

The staff here are very well paid, so all the doom and gloom cannot be pay related.

Along with the death march project I have and the can't be a***d attitude around here, I'm feeling rather down beat myself.

Using windows calculator to determine the value of the gig seems my only salvation at present.

So what is the environment like where you are working, is it doom and gloom or happy days?

Originally posted by insur View Post

The morale of permi staff has either been affected by redundancies, off shoring, or a general disaffected malaise.

The staff here are very well paid, so all the doom and gloom cannot be pay related.

Along with the death march project I have and the can't be a***d attitude around here, I'm feeling rather down beat myself.

Using windows calculator to determine the value of the gig seems my only salvation at present.

So what is the environment like where you are working, is it doom and gloom or happy days?
    Boom, boom, boomity boom. I have no idea what all this 'doom/gloom' is about. Never had a problem in all the years I've contracted.

What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by insur View Post

Sounds like a bank you're consulting at then?

Pretty much doom everywhere, but ticking on by for now.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
        Pretty much doom everywhere...
        This^

* But I didn't spend like a madman over my first 23 years of contracting, so I can take the next 23 years of contracting at a more leisurely pace.
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

I can't possibly decide without a poll.

Comment

Working...
          X