• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ukuleles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    I bought a Soviet seven string acoustic off Ebay actually, £60 and it's a work of art, made in Leningrad in 1960...

Has three nylon strings and four metal, tuned open G, Russian term is Syemistrunka, down to five strings now tho....
    This isn't going to factor in Steks daft question of the day tomorrow is it?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Maybe, although she's managed to find seemingly the one school in the NE with a budget to throw around on non-essentials like music, PVA glue and pens.

If you can get one that isn't a waste of time for £20 it's a bit of a non-issue, my fear was it would be like a £20 guitar
      LOL SWMBO brought home the YPO catalogue last year and the damn thing is nearly a foot thick.. It's chuffin mad all the stuff in it. I was like 'OMG buy this, buy that' until she told me how much her budget was I don't think it would have covered the postage to send the catalogue back!!!
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        This isn't going to factor in Steks daft question of the day tomorrow is it?
        Ya khachu povyetsitsya, fonar', verovka, letsitsnya.....

Comment

My ukulele is tuned to gcea which is classed as normal for a concert ukulele. Despite having absolutely no musical background I've managed to learn to play a few tunes which some people can recognise once I've told them what I'm trying to play! £80 will get you a decent uke, but change the strings for aguila ones, they are much better.

Comment

You can get a tune out of a £20 Mahala. It takes 10 minutes to learn 2 or 3 chords and years to play 'properly', but with a bit of persistence and enthusiasm you'll be learning basic songs in an afternoon.

You can get a 'Ukulele for Dummies' enhanced e-book that will show you how to play*Ukulele for Dummies and one of the better websites for cheatsheets and the like*http://ukulelehunt.com/

(standard tuning on soprano, concert and tenor ukes are GCEA, Baritone tuning is DGBE)

(On me hols in Skye with crap Internet connection at the moment so sorry for the late reply d000hg )
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
              X