• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time for a stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sure the market goes down soon, my entire investment ISA is currently invested in short FTSE ETF's

Comment

Originally posted by sirja View Post
      I sure the market goes down soon, my entire investment ISA is currently invested in short FTSE ETF's
      What if it goes up? Never thought of that did you?

Comment

It would just be another buying opportunity

The advantage of betting on the market going up is, you always win as long as you wait long enough.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
          Yeah but they haven't been that's the problem. I don't and will never have a pension, I have own investments in a variety of places.
          I've just gone to a SIPP to control my own investments but still get the tax relief, add in a nice returning BTL I think I am doing ok for my age.
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            I've just gone to a SIPP to control my own investments but still get the tax relief, add in a nice returning BTL I think I am doing ok for my age.
            Ah right, that's better, still SIPP is too locked down for me.

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
              What if it goes up? Never thought of that did you?
              Yep I did but the odds are for a correction within the next 6-8 weeks, so I think I am in a good place

Comment

Originally posted by sirja View Post
                Yep I did but the odds are for a correction within the next 6-8 weeks, so I think I am in a good place
                What makes you think that
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Problem with the stock market now is that is has very little to do with the profitability of the companies in it and a lot to do with the central banks and their will they won't they QE again.

The stock market is like a druggie hooked on the methadone of cheap money from central banks.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    What makes you think that
                    This advance has been on low volume and the Euro crises is far from resolved. There is no fudemental reason for the FTSE to be at these levels. Add in the fact that Sep-Oct is traditionally a very bad time for the Market and I feel quite confident of picking up a 5-10% gain on my positions over the next 8 weeks

Comment

I believe there will be a stock market crash in march 2009.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ch-2009-a.html

Comment

Working...
                      X